The Printer keeps printing documents in an inverted color scheme error, as the name suggests, switching the color of your black and white document. The white parts become black, while the black parts become white. This article will tell you the reasons and provide the solutions for the same.
Why does your Printer keep Printing Documents in an Inverted Color Scheme?
The following are the reasons why your Printer keeps printing documents in an inverted color scheme:
1. Misconfiguration of Printer.
2. Outdated Printer driver.
3. Incompatibility with the system.
How to Fix Printer keeps Printing Documents in an Inverted Color Scheme?
If you want to fix the issue of your Printer printing documents in an inverted color scheme, the following solutions will help you out:
Solution 1: Change your Printer Driver to Fix Printer keeps Printing Documents in an Inverted Color Scheme:
A primary reason for Printer printing documents in an inverted color scheme is the incompatibility of your Printer drivers with the system. To change your Printer driver, follow these steps:
1. Open Devices and Printers in the Control Panel.
2. From the list of devices, right-click on your Printer and select the option Remove The Device.
Note: If you are asked to delete the driver, click Yes.
3. Click Add a Printer. Once the list appears, click The Printer that I want isn’t listed. Do this step, even if your Printer is there in the list.
4. Now, you need to choose the option- My Printer is a little older, help me find it.
Note: If you see a message: The driver is already installed, select the option Replace the current driver and click the Next button.
5. Keep the default name of the Printer and click Next.
6. Next, select your Printer Sharing option and click Next.
7. Lastly, set your Printer as the Default Printer.
8. Click Finish and try printing a test document.
Solution 2: Change the advanced setting of the Printer to Fix Printer keeps Printing Documents in an Inverted Color Scheme:
To change the Advanced setting of the Printer in your system, follow these steps:
1. Open Printers & scanners from the Settings.
2. Right-click your Printer and select Properties.
3. Now, go to the Advanced tab and tap on Printing Defaults.
4. Further, go to the Advanced tab and select Other Print Options.
5. Now, select the Print Text in Black option by checking the box next to Print Text in Black and click OK.
Solution 3: Run the troubleshooter for your Printer to Fix Printer keeps Printing Documents in an Inverted Color Scheme:
To run a troubleshooter for your Printer to fix the issue of Printer printing documents in an inverted scheme, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, right-click the Windows Start menu and click on Settings.
2. Now, select Update & Security and tap on the Troubleshoot option.
3. Next, in the Troubleshoot section, under Get up and running, click on Printer.
4. Lastly, click on Run the troubleshooter to start the troubleshooting.
Solution 4: Update your Printer’s driver
To update your Printer drivers, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager of your system.
2. Select the category that shows the list of devices. Then, right-click the Printer from the list to update it.
3. Now, tap on Search automatically for updated driver software and finally click on Update Driver.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why are my documents printed with a black background?
Answer: This could be due to your Print color option being selected negative. To change this background, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, in the Print dialog, unchecked the Print in grayscale option is selected.
2. Then, proceed to click on the Advanced button.
3. In the dialogue box appears, make sure that the Negative option is not selected.
Q2. How do I print a PDF document with a black background?
Answer: To print a PDF with a black background, follow these steps:
1. Tap File and then select Print.
2. In the Print Window, click on the Advanced button.
3. In the Advanced Print Setup window, select the Print as Image checkbox.
4. Finally, click on the OK button and move ahead with printing.
Q3. How can I change PDF background color to white for printing free?
Answer: To do so, follow these steps:
1. Tap the Edit menu, and click on Preferences.
2. Under the Categories heading, select Accessibility.
3. Check the Replace Document Colours option.
4. Select Custom Colour and then select Page Background color.
5. Finally, click OK.
Q4. How is it possible whiten the background of a scanned PDF?
Answer: To whiten the background of a scanned PDF, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Tools menu and select document processing.
2. Next, click on Optimize Scanned PDF.
3. Under Filters, click on Edit.
4. In the Edit window, select Background removal, and lastly, click on High.
Q5. How do I know if a PDF is transparent?
Answer: To know whether a PDF is transparent or not, follow these steps:
1. Under the document, select preflight and click PDF/a-1b Validation.
2. Now, look for the transparency node. This node will have all the transparency features for your PDF.
We hope you will now be able to fix the issue of Printer printing documents in an inverted color scheme. However, if you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can contact us through the chat box at the bottom right or through the comments section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Printer.