The Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb usually occurs after your Printer that is connected to a local network is unable to connect to Windows. This blog will help you to fix the printer error by providing troubleshoot solutions.
Why does your Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb?
Your Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb might be occurring due to the following reasons:
1. The Printer Spooler is not working.
2. Misconfigured network settings
3. Outdated Printer driver
How to Fix Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb?
Follow the solutions mentioned below to fix the Network Print Error 0x00000bcb:
Solution 1: Try resetting your Printer to Fix Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb:
You can reset your Printer to fix the Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb using the following steps:
1. Firstly, switch off your Printer.
2. Now, remove the power cord from the Printer.
3. Remove the cord from the power source as well.
4. Wait for 20-30 seconds.
5. Connect the power cord to the Printer and the plug.
6. Turn on the power source.
7. Print a copy to see if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Repair the Spooler Service of the Printer to Fix Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb:
To fix the Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb, you should repair the Spooler service using these steps:
1. Start by running the Command prompt as Admin.
2. In the search box, type the following and press Enter.
3. Execute the command: cacls.exe PRINTERS /E /G administrator:C
4. Lastly, close all running windows and restart your PC to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Printer Ports
To reinstall a Printer port, you need to follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and open Settings.
2. Now, go to Devices, then select Printers from the list of devices.
3. Next, click on Add a printer and then tap on The Printer that I want isn’t listed.
4. Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings by checking it and then click Next.
5. Lastly, tap on Create a new port.
Solution 4: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
To run a troubleshooter for your Printer to fix the Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Windows Start menu and click on Settings.
2. Now, select Update & Security and tap on the Troubleshoot option.
3. Next, in the Troubleshoot section, under Get up and running, click on Printer.
4. Lastly, click on Run the troubleshooter to start the troubleshooting.
Solution 5: Update the Printer drivers
To update your HP Printer drivers, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager of your system.
2. Select the category that shows the list of devices. Then, right-click the Printer from the list to update it.
3. Now, tap on Search automatically for updated driver software and finally click on Update Driver.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why isn’t my network printer getting connected to the computer?
Answer: Your Network Printer might not be getting connected to the computer due to a damaged USB cable or due to a corrupted or outdated Printer driver. Fix these problems to build the connection between the Printer and the system.
Q2. Should I turn off network discovery?
Answer: Instead of using the network discovery option, you can go for the network sharing setting.
Q3. What all services need to be running for Network discovery?
Answer: For a filly functioning network discovery, you should be running the following services:
1. The DNS client must be enabled on the system.
2. SSDP discovery
3. Function discovery Resource Publication
4. UPnP Deice host service must be turned on.
Q4. How do I see all the devices on my network with Windows 10 system?
Answer: To see all the devices on your network, you can go to the Settings of your Windows system and then select the Devices option.
Q5. What is the IP address for the Printer?
Answer: The IP address for a Printer is a unique identifier through which the Printer is connected to your network. The IP address is necessary for the setup process of your Printer.
We hope that with the help of this article, you will now be able to fix the Network Printer Error 0x00000bcb easily. However, if you still face any problems, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Printer.