The Printer not activated error code 30 usually appears when trying to print or save a PDF file. However, the reason for this error is not fixed and can vary due to a lot of factors. This article will tell you the causes with its solutions. Keep reading!
Why does your Printer not Activated Error Code -30?
The following could be the potential reasons for your Printer not activated error code 30:
1. A driver or software issue.
2. Incorrect configuration of the settings of your Printer.
3. Printer’s incompatibility with the system.
4. Restrictions on registry rights.
How to Fix Printer Not Activated Error Code -30?
In this article, we will be providing you four solutions to fix your Printer not activated error code 30:
Solution 1: Set your Printer Default Printer to Fix Printer Not Activated Error Code -30:
1. First of all go to Settings from the Start menu.
2. In the Devices, select Printers and Scanners.
3. Select the Printer and tap on Manage.
4. Then, lastly, select the Set as Default option.
Solution 2: Update Printer Drivers to Fix Printer Not Activated Error Code -30:
To update the Printer drivers in your Windows 10 system, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager in your system.
2. Select the Printer category to see your devices, and then right-click it to update it.
3. Then, select the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
4. Finally, select Update Driver and proceed with the process.
Solution 3: Reinstall USB Composite Device
To reinstall the USB Composite device, follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialogue box, and in the search area, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
2. Next, in the Device Manager, scroll down till the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option is visible. And then, tap on it to expand it.
3. Now, right-click the first USB device and tap on uninstall device to remove it. Repeat this step for all the devices.
4. You will notice that your mouse and keyboard have stopped working, but you need not worry, restart the system, and all the drivers will be installed automatically.
Solution 4: Fix the registry rights restrictions
To change the registry restrictions, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, you need to launch the Windows registry editor. You can do it by typing Regedit in the Windows search box.
2. Now, go to the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Waters PDF Generator folder and right-click on Permissions.
3. Lastly, add Full Control rights to Everyone.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How do I fix the Printer is not activated Error Code 30?
Answer: To fix the Printer not activated, error code -30 message, follow this list of solutions mentioned below:
1. Ensure your printer drivers are up to date.
2. Remove the Printer software.
3. Reinstall the Printer drivers and modify the registry.
4. Change the security permissions.
5. Manage the device and Printer compatibility.
Q2. Why do Printer show Printer in error state?
Answer: The Printer in error state situation arises due to a problem in the Printer. It could be due to a network and power connectivity issue. You are also suggested to check the ink availability or any paper jam in the Printer.
Q3. Where should I find the printer error code?
Answer: You can find the Printer error code using these steps:
1. Go to the Printer website and find the Web Services menu.
2. Click the Print Info Page or Print Information Sheet.
3. Now, find the Printer Code or Printer Claim Code on the page that prints.
Q4. How do I get my Printer back online on a Windows 10 PC?
Answer: To get your Printer back online in Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Open Devices from the Settings of your PC.
2. Then, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane.
3. Next, select the Printer Tab and remove the checkmark on the Use Printer Offline option.
4. Now, wait for the Printer to come back online.
Q5. How can you fix a printer that is jammed?
Answer: To fix a printer that is jammed, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, turn off the Printer and disconnect it from any power cord or cable.
2. Now, start removing the jammed paper.
3. Replace any parts that you might have removed to get rid of the paper and close any open doors.
4. Lastly, reconnect the power cord and other cables and turn on the Printer.
We hope you will now be able to fix the Printer not activated error code- 30 yourself. However, if you are still not able to solve the problem, then you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Printer.