The HP Printer Service Error 79 is a common error occurring in all the versions of Windows and macOS when the spooler is unable to communicate with the Printer. This article will help you understand the reasons behind this error as well as the solutions to it.
Why does your HP Printer show Service Error 79?
The following could be the potential reasons because of which you might be facing the HP Printer Service Error 79:
1. Your HP Printer is facing a queue glitch.
2. There is a Firmware glitch in your Printer.
3. You have outdated Printer firmware.
4. There is some other hardware issue with your Printer.
How to Fix HP Printer Service Error 79?
Follow the solutions mentioned below accurately to fix the HP Printer Service Error 79:
Solution 1: Reset Printer to Fix HP Printer Service Error 79:
You can reset your HP Printer to fix the HP Printer Service Error 79 using the following steps:
1. Firstly, switch off your HP Printer.
2. Now, remove the power cord from the Printer.
3. Remove the cord from the power source as well.
4. Wait for 20-30 seconds.
5. Connect the power cord to the Printer and the plug.
6. Turn on the power source.
7. Print a copy to see if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Disable IPV6 protocol to Fix HP Printer Service Error 79:
To disable IPv6 to fix the HP Printer Service error 79, you need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R key.
2. Now, type ncpa.cpl in the Run search box and tap the enter button.
3. Open the Network Connections tab.
4. Right-click the currently active network and select Properties.
5. Under the Connections Uses the following Items heading, uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
6. Click okay and save the changes.
7. Restart your system, and check whether the problem persists.
Solution 3: Update HP Printer’s Firmware
You can update your HP Printer Firmware to fix the HP Printer Service Error 79. To do that, go to HP’s official website, then its support page, where drivers and firmware are updated timely. Next, you can select the firmware and download it according to your system’s compatibility. Further, you will be asked to follow specific instructions, after which the update will be successful.
Solution 4: Check Power Cycle
This is the easiest method to fix the HP Printer Service Error 79. Do the following:
1. Disconnect the power cable from the Printer while letting your Printer be switched on.
2. Then, unplug the cable from the power source.
3. Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect the cable to the power source and the Printer.
Solution 5: Run the built-in Troubleshooter
To fix the HP Printer Service Error 79, troubleshoot your HP Printer using the following steps:
1. In the search box of the Windows Start menu, type settings and then open the top result.
2. Now, open Devices and then select Printers and Scanners.
3. Now, right-click and select the HP Printer and click on the Set as a default printer option.
4. Switch off your system, wait for a few seconds and restart it again. Check if your issue is resolved.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What is a 79 service error in HP printers?
Answer: This error occurs when the spooler fails to communicate with the Printer because the Printer firmware is outdated or corrupted.
Q2. Do HP printers remember their print memory?
Answer: No, a standalone Printer does not retain any of the Printing histories.
Q3. How to securely dispose of a printer?
Answer: If you are planning to dispose of a printer securely, you first need to disconnect the Printer from the USB cable and any other connected cable. Then, remove the ink cartridges, which you need to dispose of separately from other parts of the Printer. On the other hand, the USB cable and other cables need not be disposed of and can be used in other devices for use.
Q4. What are the steps by which I can restart the print spooler on my HP printer?
Answer: You can restart the print spooler using the following steps:
1. Firstly, you need to delete all the print jobs in the print queue folder.
2. Then, go to Services in the Printer Settings and tap on Print Spooler. Right-click it, and select the Start button.
3. Lastly, open the program you closed down and try printing the document.
Q5. Why is printing stuck on spooling?
Answer: The printing stuck on spooling could be a result of some glitch on the Print spooler service. In order to fix it, you need to restart the spooling service and also try reinstalling your printer driver.
We hope that now you will be able to fix the HP Printer Service Error 79 by yourself. However, if you can still not solve the problem, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with HP Printer.