The HP Printer Error 0x00000057 is seen when a Windows user tries to add the Printer to their system. The permission issues or driver corruption are considered to be the primary reasons for this error. However, we will help you to maintain your workflow with the solutions provided in this article.
Why does your HP Printer show Error 0x00000057 ?
The reason why the HP Printer shows error 0x00000057 is due to the presence of corrupted drivers. This error is one of the most common errors. However, this error can be fixed easily with specific troubleshooting methods that have been provided below.
How to Fix HP Printer Error 0x00000057?
Follow the three solutions mentioned below to fix the HP Printer Error 0x00000057. Then, follow the steps correctly to ensure the hassle-free working of your Printer.
Solution 1: Print Server Properties
To fix the HP Printer Error 0x00000057, you first need to fix the Print Server Properties. And to fix that, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialogue box from the Start menu, type the following command, and click OK.
2. From the dialogue box that appears, scroll down to Print Spooler service, and right-click on it, then click Stop.
3. Once the Print Spooler Services stops, open the Run dialogue box again by pressing the Windows+ R keys together.
4. In the Run dialogue box, type the following and tap OK.
printui.exe /s /t2
Note: ensure the spaces in the given command when typing it in the Run search box.
5. Now, in the dialogue box, right-click the Printer that is causing issues and select Remove. Then, select the delete option when you are prompted to delete the driver.
6. Finally, go back to the services console, right-click Print Spooler service and tap Start after removing the driver.
You can try adding the Printer back to see if the HP Printer Error 0x00000057 has been fixed.
Solution 2: Repair System File
You can run an SFC Scan to repair the system file, and hence, fix the HP Printer Error 0x00000057:
1. Firstly, open the Run box by pressing the Win+ R keys together.
2. Now, type cmd in Run’s search box, and then press the Ctrl+ shift+ Enter key together to open the Command Prompt as the administrator.
3. In the Command Prompt Windows, type sfc or scannow and hit Enter.
4. The SFC scan will now start. Wait till it is over, and then close the Command Prompt.
5. You can now restart your device to check if the HP Printer Error 0x00000057 has been resolved.
Solution 3: Copy Driver Directory File
You can try to copy the files from the driver directory from a working machine to one that fails to fix the HP Printer Error 0x00000057 using the following steps:
1. Go to a machine with an installed and properly working driver and open the Run dialogue box from the Start menu.
2. In the Run search box, type the following command and tap OK
3. Now, open the Registry Editor and browse the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3
4. In the folder, find the subkey of the printer driver that is causing issues.
5. Now, click that subkey, search the InfoPath in the right pane, and save the path.
6. Next, open My Computer and navigate to the following location:
7. In this location, and find the folder indicated in the InfoPath.
8. Further, move to the system where you install the driver, and go to the file repository folder location we mentioned above.
Note: If the folder is there but empty, it means that the previous installation failed.
In this case, you will need to take ownership of the folder using the following steps:
1. Right-click the FileRepositry folder, and choose Properties.
2. Next, navigate to the Security option and click Advanced.
3. Change the Owner at the top and click OK to go back to the Properties.
4. Now, click Edit, and from the Group or user names, find your user and check the Allow Full control box in the Permissions for Authenticated Users.
5. Now, click OK and close the Properties window.
6. Lastly, copy the folder’s contents from the working machine to the machine giving you the HP Printer Error 0x00000057.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How do you fix the error: Windows Cannot connect to the Printer?
Answer: To fix this error, you can follow the given troubleshoot options:
1. Check if your Printer is recognized by your system and update the drivers.
2. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your Printer.
3. Check the Default Settings of your Printer.
4. Update the version of your Windows.
5. Clear the spooler files and restart the spooler service of the Printer.
Q2. Why is my PC not connecting to my wireless HP printer?
Answer: This issue could be arising due to a connectivity issue between your system and the Printer. You should also check your Wi-Fi for the same. Further, you can check the ink cartridge and drivers of the Printer too.
Q3. How do I fix my HP printer if it won’t print?
Answer: To fix this issue, you can follow these steps:
1. Disconnect your Printer from the system and go to the Control panel.
2. Now go to programs and features and select your HP printer entries and uninstall them.
3. Now, go back to the main Control Panel page and select Devices and Printer.
4. There, select all the printer entries and remove the device. You can now restart your computer.
Q4. Why is has my HP printer stopped printing after changing cartridges?
Answer: This issue arises when the Printer doesn’t recognize the cartridge or finds the cartridge to be empty when in reality it is not. You can fix this issue by reinstalling the ink cartridges in your Printer.
Q5. Why does the ink on my Printer not work?
Answer: To fix this issue, you need to soak the print head in warm water. Also, if you find the ink flows through the Printer, apply several drops of isopropyl alcohol to the connection point of the ink cartridge.
We hope you will now be able to fix the HP Printer Error 0x00000057. However, if you are unable to do so, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with HP Printer.