Even if a petty one, any printing error can cause a lot of problems for the user. The HP Printer error 49.4c02 mainly occurs after a user prints a PDF file because of the complex fonts used in a PDF file. To solve the HP Printer error 49.4c02, you can find the reasons and fixes below.
Why does your HP Printer Error 49.4c02?
The HP Printer error 49.4c02 is caused due to the following reasons:
1. Outdated Printer firmware.
2. Print job stuck in the printer queue.
3. Network issue.
How to Fix HP Printer Error 49.4c02?
To fix the HP Printer error 49.4c02, you can use any of the following three solutions. However, even before trying any of these critical methods, you can try running a power cycle with your HP Printer. First, switch off and disconnect your Printer from the power cable, wait for a few minutes, and reconnect the cables. Then, check if the error is solved.
Solution 1: Update Driver to PCL6 Drivers
Using the PCL6 drivers for HP Printers can be helpful to fix the HP Printer 49.4C02 error. You can update PCL6 drivers using the following steps:
1. Firstly, download the PCL6 drivers from HP’s support page on its website.
2. Enter your Printer model and select the Windows version of your Operating System.
3. Select the Driver- Universal Printer driver and expand it from the list of drivers that appear.
4. Now, search the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 and download it.
5. Run the downloaded file and define its location. Then, click Unzip. The installation will start automatically and follow the instructions.
6. Next, you need to uninstall the target Printer and then reinstall it manually.
7. When the Printer drivers are prompted, don’t use the already installed driver and instead use the PCL6 driver you just downloaded.
Note: If the extraction location of your PCL6 driver had been left on default, the location would be:
C:\HP Universal Print Driver\pcl6-xxx-x.x.x.xxxxx
8. Restart your system. The error should have been solved.
Solution 2: Print PDF as an Image
You can fix the HP Printer error 49.4c02 by printing the PDF as an image, using the following steps:
1. Firstly, clear the print queue, which has the PDF file causing the error.
2. Now, restart your Printer and open the PDF that was causing the error.
3. Next, open the Print window by pressing the Windows+ P keys. Then, select the Advanced button.
4. Now, check the Print as Image option and click OK to print the document.
5. Your issue should be solved now. If not, it is probably because the PDF file is corrupted.
Solution 3: Upgrade Printer Firmware through Firmware update utility
To update the Printer’s Firmware, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, check the Firmware version running on your Printer. You can check it by printing a configuration page.
2. Use the interface on the Printer and go to Administration or Configuration section in the menu.
3. After finding the current firmware version, go to HP’s driver support website.
4. Enter your Printer model and select your operating system compatibility.
5. From the results, select the Firmware section. The latest version of the Firmware will appear on the top. Click the download button and download it.
6. Now, run the Firmware update Utility you downloaded earlier and then selected your Printer to update from the drop-down list.
7. Now click on Send Firmware.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why is it that my HP printer is giving me an error code?
Answer: Your HP Printer is giving error codes due to issues in your Printer and system connectivity or driver issues. You can solve it by running a power cycle with your Printer by switching it off and disconnecting it from the power cable. Then, wait for a few minutes and reconnect it to the power cable and try running it again to check if the issue has been solved.
Q2. How can one reset HP printer back to factory settings?
Answer: To restore the HP Printer to the factory-default settings, follow the given steps:
1. Firstly, turn off the Printer and disconnect the power cable for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.
2. Next, turn on the Printer while pressing and holding the Resume button for a few seconds. You will see that the Attention light will turn on.
3. You can now release the Resume button.
Q3. How can one clear the error code on HP printer?
Answer: You can clear the error code on your HP Printer by checking the connectivity of your Printer to the network as well as the system. Also, check for low ink in cartridge or paper jamming issues in the Printer. Furthermore, specific errors require specific fixes. However, a general power cycle run or a physical check-up of the Printer can also fix most of the errors on the Printer.
We hope you will now be able to solve the HP Printer error 49.4c02 easily. However, if you are still not able to solve the problem, then you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with HP Printer.