A combination of Windows system and Canon printer users at times face the Print job error 853 on Windows 7/8/10 inside the print queue. There are ample reasons for this issue. However, you can benefit from our article to fix this error easily.
Why does your Canon Print Show Job Error 853 on Windows 7/8/10?
Following are the potential reasons because of which you are facing a Canon print show error 853 on Windows 7/8/10:
1. You have an outdated printer firmware.
2. Your Printer is facing a common inconsistency.
3. Your Printer is using the IPP Class Driver instead of the UFRII driver.
4. The Printer is not supporting the Postscript printing language.
5. The Printer is of an outdated version.
How to Fix Canon Print Job Error 853 on Windows 7/8/10?
You should perform the following solutions to fix the Canon print job error 853 on Windows 7/8/10:
Solution 1: Install UFR2 Driver to Fix Canon Print Job Error 853 on Windows 7/8/10:
When your Canon printer uses a postscript driver, even when the printer model is incompatible with the postscript printer language, the user will face the Canon Print job error853 on Windows 7/8/10.
Follow these steps mentioned below to install the UFRT2 driver:
1. Open the browser and go to the download page of the UFR2 printer driver.
2. Now click the download button to download the Printer.
3. Now, double-tap the executable you downloaded. Then, in the User Account Control panel, tap Yes to allow admin access.
4. Now, before restarting the system, follow the instructions to finish the installation.
5. After the system is rebooted and backed up; the new printer driver will replace the old one.
6. You can now try performing the print job to see if the error code 853 continues.
Solution 2: Run the Windows Troubleshooter to Fix Canon Print Job Error 853 on Windows 7/8/10:
Follow these steps to run the Windows built-in troubleshooter to find and fix any Printer related problem using the following steps:
1. Open the Settings of your system.
2. Now, select Update and Security and tap on the Troubleshoot button.
3. Next, tap on Additional troubleshooter and click on Windows update.
4. Tap Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions. Then, check if the Print error 853 continues.
Solution 3: Update your Canon Printer driver
To update your Canon Printer drivers, follow the steps provided below:
1. Tap the Start button and open Settings.
2. Now, tap on Update & Security, and click on Check for updates option.
3. Your drivers will be downloaded and installed if Windows Update finds an updated driver. After that, your Scanner/Printer will automatically use it.
Solution 4: Force the correct drivers
You can also try fixing the Canon Print job error 853 on Windows 7/8/10 by forcing the Printer to use Canon Generic Plus UFR ll driver.
1. Firstly, you need to open the Run dialogue box and type devmgmt.msc. Then, hit the enter key and open the Device Manager.
2. Next, click Yes on the User Account Control to allow access as an admin.
3. Scroll down to the drop-down menu associated with Print Queues in different device types in the Device Manager.
4. Right-click your Printer from the list and select Properties.
5. In the Properties, select the Driver tab and then use the drop-down menu to select Canon generic Plus UFR ll instead of the default choice.
6. Lastly, click Apply to save the changes and then restart your system to check if the Canon Print Job error 853 on Windows 7/8/10 continues.
Solution 5: Update printer firmware
Follow these steps to update the Printer firmware to fix the Canon print job error 853 on Windows 7/8/10:
To fulfill this process properly, make sure the Printer is connected to the network.
1. Firstly, click the Menu tab on the Printer’s screen.
2. Next, select the System Management Settings and later select the Update Firmware option.
3. Now, select the Via Internet option and wait till the firmware is updated.
4. You can now restart your system. You will see the This is the latest firmware version message on your screen.
Frequently Asked Question
Answer: You can rescue your Canon printer from error mode by running a power cycle. The Printer faces the error mode due to issues in your Canon Printer and system connectivity or driver issues. You can solve this error mode by running a power cycle with your Printer by switching it off and disconnecting it from the power cable. Then, wait for a few minutes, reconnect it to the power cable, and try rerunning it to check if the issue has been solved.
Q2. How do I build a connection between my Printer and laptop via WIFI?
Answer: Follow these steps to connect your Printer and laptop via Wi-Fi:
1. Firstly, switch on the Wi-Fi router, the laptop, and the Printer.
2. Now, turn on the printer control panel and go to the wireless setup settings.
3. Choose the wireless SSID option of the Wi-Fi network.
4. Next, enter the Wi-Fi security password.
5. You will see that the wireless light on the Printer will turn on when the Printer is connected to the Wi-Fi.
6. You can then perform the Add a printer method to manually install the Printer on your laptop.
Q3. How do I build a connection between my Canon printer and laptop with USB cable?
Answer: To connect your Printer with the laptop using a USB cable, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, click on Hardware and Sound menu in the Control Panel.
2. Then, click on the Devices and Printers option.
3. Now, select the Add a Printer and choose the Local Printer option.
4. Further, choose a printer port for your connection from the list of ports.
5. Finally, click on the Canon printer from the list and select your printer model.
Q4. How to change the Wi-Fi on my Canon printer?
Answer: Follow these steps to change the Wi-Fi on Canon Printer:
1. Turn on the Printer and tap Setup on the home screen of the printer operation panel.
2. Now, select Settings and then choose the Device settings as LAN settings, and then Wireless Direct.
3. Then, select Wireless Direct active/inactive.
4. Click ON and select Yes when the confirmation screen asking if you want to display settings information appears.
5. In the Wireless Direct settings display, manage the settings accordingly.
6. And lastly, select OK to save the changes.
Q5. How do I factory reset a Canon printer?
Answer: To factory reset a Canon printer, press and hold the Stop button and release it when the Alarm lamp blinks 21 times. All the machine settings will be initialized. After initializing the Printer, perform setup again to make use of the Printer.
We hope you will now be able to fix the Canon print job error 853 on Windows 7/8/10. However, if you cannot solve the problem, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Canon Printer.