Pairing your Bluetooth devices to your system is a common everyday activity during your work or at leisure. Unfortunately, many users face the Remove Failed error when they try to remove their Bluetooth device. The inability to remove the Bluetooth device or pair it again with the system errors can give you a tough time. However, with this article, we bring to you reasons and solutions because of which you can’t remove Bluetooth devices on Windows 10.
Why can’t you remove Bluetooth Devices on Windows 10?
You can’t remove Bluetooth Devices on Windows 10 when the Device Association Service that is a Windows service pairing the devices, stops running.
How to Fix the Can’t Remove Bluetooth Devices on Windows 10 problem?
Follow the solutions provided below accurately to fix the problem of unable to remove Bluetooth devices on Windows 10.
Solution 1: Remove Bluetooth from Control Panel to Fix the Can’t Remove Bluetooth Devices on Windows 10:
You can try removing the Bluetooth device from the Control Panel using the following steps:
1. Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows and R keys and type the cmd in it.
2. When the Control Panel Window appears, select view by Category, and under Hardware and Sound, tap on View devices and printers.
3. Next, right-click the Bluetooth device you wish to remove and tap on Remove device.
Solution 2: Remove Bluetooth from Windows Registry to Fix the Can’t Remove Bluetooth Devices on Windows 10:
When you pair a Bluetooth device with your PC, the device will be stored in the Registry Editor. So to delete the Bluetooth device use the Registry Editor the way it has been mentioned in the following steps:
1. Open the Run dialogue box from the start menu and type the following, then hit Enter:
2. Now, the Registry Editor would open, after which you need to navigate to the following location:
3. Several 12-digit registry keys would now be visible on the right pane. You can derive each device from each key according to the name value.
4. Next, right-click the registry key representing the Bluetooth device and select Delete.
You can now reboot your system to check if you are still unable to remove the Bluetooth device.
Solution 3: Turn ON Airplane Mode
Airplane mode disables Bluetooth, along with other wireless functions. To enable airplane mode on your Windows 10 system would be removing the Bluetooth device. To do so, follow the instructions given down below:
1. On your taskbar, click on the Notifications icon in the right corner.
2. Then, click on the Expand option to see all of the available options.
3. Now, tap the Airplane mode to turn it on.
1. Press Windows key + I to open the Settings window in your system and go to Network & Internet.
2. On the left-hand side, click on Airplane mode and toggle Airplane mode using the slider.
Solution 4: Remove Bluetooth from Device Manager
To remove your Bluetooth device using Device Manager, follow the steps given down below:
1. Open the Device Manager from the Start menu, and in the Device Manager window, tap the View option in the menu bar.
2. Click on the Show hidden devices option.
3. Next, go under the Bluetooth category and search for your device.
4. After finding your device, right-click on the device and tap the Uninstall device option.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why is my Bluetooth device stuck on “removing device”?
Answer: You can fix the Bluetooth device stuck on removing the device problem with the help of the solutions mentioned above in the article.
Q2. Why did my Bluetooth disappear in Windows 10 system?
Answer: If your Bluetooth toggle is missing from your Windows 10 system, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings and open Network and Internet.
2. There, select the Airplane mode.
This issue usually occurs when no Bluetooth drivers are installed, or the drivers are corrupt.
Q3. How do I turn the Bluetooth on again in Windows 10?
Answer: You can turn your Bluetooth on or off in Windows 10 system using these steps:
1. Tap the Start button and go to the Settings.
2. Under the Devices, select Bluetooth & other devices.
3. Tap the Bluetooth toggle to turn it on or off.
Q4. How to fix the Bluetooth pairing problem in Windows?
Answer: You can follow the given methods to fix your Bluetooth pairing problem:
1. Ensure your Bluetooth is enabled.
2. Check the pairing process your device follows.
3. Turn on the discoverable mode.
4. Run a power cycle with your devices.
5. Remove previous Bluetooth connections.
Q5. How to force pair a Bluetooth device to my system?
Answer: To do so, follow these steps:
1. Go to settings, select the Bluetooth category and find your speaker.
2. Tap on the Bluetooth speaker to connect.
3. Then, turn the speaker on; you press the connect button while your device tries to connect to it.
We hope you will now be able to fix the problem of can’t remove Bluetooth devices on Windows 10. However, if you cannot solve the problem, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with windows.