If you are new to using Windows 11 and have no clue how to add Epson Printer on Windows 11, this article will help you with three different methods to do that. To know further, keep scrolling!
Why is your Epson printer unable to add on Windows 11?
There are very few reasons for your Epson Printer not being able to add on Windows 11. They are:
1. Your Epson Printer is not compatible with the system.
2. Your Printer drivers are outdated.
3. If you are using a wired Printer, there are chances that there might be issues with the USB cable.
4. The Epson smart app is not updated.
Methods to Add Epson Printer on Windows 11
Follow the methods mentioned below to add your Epson Printer on Windows 11:
Method 1: Add Epson Printer on Windows 11 with Wired Connection
Windows 11 handles Epson Printers via USB or Ethernet connection. To add Epson Printer on Windows 11 with Wired Connection, follow these steps:
1. Connect your computer and PC using an appropriate cable and corresponding port.
2. Open the Settings in your system.
3. Go to the Printers and Scanners page.
4. Lastly, locate your Printer, identify and connect it.
Method 2: Add Epson Printer on Windows 11 with Wireless Protocol
To build a wireless connection between your Printer and system, it is essential that both the devices have compatible versions of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Follow the steps mentioned below to add Epson Printer on Windows 11 with Wireless Protocol (both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth):
1. Firstly, you need to ensure that your PC and Printer are on the same wireless connections; be it Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, they should be on the same networks.
2. Now, go to Settings and then select Printers and scanners.
3. Next, click the Add a device option, after which a drop-down menu will appear.
4. When your Printer is located, click the new Add device option from the list.
5. If your Printer PIN prompts you, enter it and finally confirm your Printer as added to your system.
Method 3: Add Epson Printer on Windows 11 with Wi-Fi
If your Epson Printer supports Wi-Fi direct for connection between devices, follow the given steps to add it on Windows 11:
1. Firstly, you need to enable the W-Fi direct pairing on your Printer.
2. Then, go to Settings and click Printers and scanners.
3. Once again, select Add device.
4. Next, instead of adding the Printer manually, you need to select the show W-Fi direct printers, which will be available only if a printer with direct Wi-Fi is available.
5. Add your WPS PIN and all the other necessary credentials.
6. Now, select the Add Device option and choose your Printer from the list.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What are the steps to stop my Epson printer from going to sleep?
Answer: You need to follow these steps to stop your Epson Printer from going to sleep:
1. Firstly, press the home button and then choose the Setup option.
2. From the screen that appears, scroll down and choose System Administration.
3. Next, select the Common Settings and choose the Power Off Timer.
Answer: The reset button on an Epson printer is usually located on the backside of the Printer towards the right, near the Ethernet port.
Q3. How do I get my Epson printer to recognize my computer?
Answer: To do that, follow the given steps:
1. Firstly, you need to download and install the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
2. Next, agree to the License Agreement, and then click Next.
3. Click Install, then Finish.
4. Now, select your printer, and then click Next.
5. Further, select the Printer Registration and click Next.
6. Lastly, click Agree and then, click Next.
Q4. How do you add a printer that isn’t showing up?
Answer: Follow these steps to add a Printer manually:
1. Make sure to connect your Printer and your Computer or Laptop via USB cable.
2. Open Printer and Scanners on your Windows system.
3. Now, tap the option: The Printer that I want isn’t listed. Let Windows find your Printer.
4. Choose “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” and click on Next.
5. Use an existing port LPT1: (Printer Port) and then choose your Printer Model No.
6. Select “Use the driver currently installed (recommended)” and click Next.
7. Add your Printer model number/name and share the Printer if you want to; otherwise, choose the “Do not share” option.
8. Click “Set as Default.”
Q5. Why cant my computer find my wireless printer?
Answer: To fix this issue, you can run the Printer troubleshooter by going to the Settings, then selecting the Update and Security option. Then, you need to select the Troubleshooter option and finally click on the run the printer troubleshooter option.
We hope you will now be able to add your Epson Printer on Windows 11 without any problem. However, if you are still not able to solve the problem then, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Windows 11.