Recently bought a new Epson Printer? Don’t know how to download and install the Epson Printer drivers in Windows 7 system? This blog will tell you how you can do it. Keep reading to know-how!
Why do you need to download and Install Printer Drivers?
A printer driver is basically the software that sends the data to the computer as to how a page should be printed. Until the driver is downloaded and installed correctly, the operating system does not receive clear messages about how the printing should be formatted. Therefore, it becomes necessary to download and install Printer drivers.
How to Download and Install Epson Printer Drivers on Windows 7
This article will provide you with three methods for downloading and installing the Epson Printer driver on a Windows 7 PC or laptop. The first method uses the App Printer Wizard, the second method uses the Device Manager, and the third method uses the help of Epson’s official website. Make sure that your Printer is connected to the Ethernet while performing these methods.
Method 1: Use App Printer Wizard
Follow the given steps to use the App Printer Wizard for the installation of your Epson Printer:
1. Firstly, download the correct Epson Printer drivers from Epson’s support page on the website.
2. Search your Printer model, and download the driver compatible with your Windows 7 system needs.
3. Once the driver is downloaded, double-click the driver file.
4. After you double-tap the file, the installation wizard for your Epson Printer will appear.
5. Now, follow the directions of installation from the wizard.
Method 2: Use Windows 7 Device Manager
Follow the given steps to install your Epson Printer by using the options from the Device Manager:
1. Firstly, open the Device Manager from the Start Menu.
2. Now, click on Devices and Printers.
3. Next, tap on Add a printer, which will open the Add Printer wizard, after which you need to click on Add a local printer option.
4. Ensure that the Use an existing port option and the recommended printer port option are selected under the Choose a Printer Port heading.
5. Now, click Next.
6. Now, select your Epson Printer manufacturer and model, and then click Next.
7. Now, you just need to follow the installation wizard’s steps and then click Finish.
Method 3: Use the official Website of the Printer
To use Epson’s official website in the installation of its Printer, follow the given steps:
1. Firstly, switch on your Pinter and then visit Epson’s official website to download the compatible drivers of the Printer.
2. In the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility section, tick the agreement and click Next.
3. Now, click Install and select your Printer model in the menu, then click Next.
4. Now, click the box next to Printer Registration and then tap Next.
5. Finally, click Agree, Next, and then click OK when you see the Register a printer to Epson Connect option.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How to install an Epson printer without a CD driver?
Answer: You can install your Epson Printer without a CD driver by following these steps:
1. Connect your Computer system and the Printer using a USB cable.
2. Now, turn on your Printer On and go to the Device Manager to select the Add a Printer or Scanner option.
3. Now, just follow the steps on the screen of the installation wizard.
Q2. How do I install the Epson printer on Windows 10?
Answer: To install Epson Printer on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, connect your Windows 10 computer and Epson Printer.
2. Now, go to Settings from the Start Menu.
3. Next, click on the Devices, then the Printers and Scanners option, and select the Add a Printer or Scanner option.
4. When your Printer model appears on the screen, and tap on Add device.
5. Windows will then present the list of drivers from which you need to choose the driver you have downloaded for the Epson Printer.
6. Now, click Next, select Epson in the Manufacturer column, and choose your Printer in the Printers column.
7. Lastly, click Next and then select Print a test page option to check your Printer working.
8. Finally, tap Close and then Finish.
Q3. How does the computer recognize my Printer?
Answer: You can do that by using the Add a local Printer method.
1. Firstly, connect your Printer to your computer using a USB cable or any other method.
2. Then, open Settings from the Start menu.
3. Next, click on Devices and then tap on Add a printer or scanner option.
4. After Windows detects your Printer, select the name of your Printer and follow the directions on your desktop screen and finish the installation.
Q4. Why is my USB printer not recognized Windows 7?
Answer: This issue could be due to a poor connection between your Printer and computer. It could also be due to a problem with the port or the cable. You can try switching to a different port or use a different USB cable to fix this issue.
Q5. How do I use a USB printer port?
Answer: You can enable a USB Printer port using the following steps:
1. Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
2. Then, select Devices and Printers from the menu and then right-click on your Printer and select the Properties option.
3. Now, click the Ports tab.
4. Lastly, tap Apply to enable the USB Printer port.
We hope that with the help of this article, you have been able to download and install Epson Printer Driver on your Windows 7 system. However, if you still face any issues in the installation, you can connect with us through the chatbox or comment section below.