A PC when new runs and starts super quick. However, as you keep on utilizing it, different issues appear to begin appearing. Perhaps the most well-known of such problems looked at by Windows 10 users is Slow Boot Speed. This article will be talking about the reasons and solutions to fix the Windows 10 Slow Boot Issue.
The boot speed gets slower over the long run and may go unrecognized for a long time. However, moderate boot in Windows 10 isn’t unprecedented or unnatural. On the contrary, there could be a few reasons for it; hence, while you accelerate boot speed in Windows 10 PC, you need to adopt a comprehensive strategy.
Why does Windows 10 Boot Slowly?
There is no fixed or a particular reason for your slow Windows 10 boot. However, we have discussed some potential reasons for the same below:
1. Pre-loading boot information before the PC shuts off.
2. Unnecessary processes with high startup impact
3. Old or corrupted drivers on your Windows 10 PC.
How to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot Issue?
Since we now know that there is no particular reason for a Slow Boot issue in Windows 10, we will understand all the possible solutions to this problem.
Solution 1: Update BIOS to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot Issue:
To update BIOS in your Windows 10 system, follow the given steps:
1. The first step includes checking the model of your motherboard.
2. Next, you need to find the current BIOS version of your system.
3. You can find your BIOS version by using the command prompt. Firstly, press the Windows key and the X key together to open the WinX menu. Now, select Command Prompt (Admin) option.
4. Now, you need to run Command Prompt (Admin) as admin and type the wmic bios to get smbiosbiosversion. After typing the command, tap the Enter button. After this, the BIOS version of your system will appear on the screen.
5. Now, to flash BIOS on your Windows 10 system, insert a 4GB Pendrive into your system.
6. Next, visit the official site of your motherboard manufacturer and download the latest compatible BIOS from the “update” option of your system.
7. After the download is finished, save the BIOS file into the Pendrive. Then, unzip it using WinRAR if it is in a zip format.
8. Lastly, go to Advanced setup after opening the downloaded file and tap the Restart Now option.
Solution 2: Update the Graphic Card to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot Issue:
To update Graphic Card in your Windows 10 system, follow the given steps:
1. Firstly, click on the Windows Start menu to open the Settings.
2. Then, click on System and Security and Windows Update.
3. Next, click the Check for Updates option if no results appear. This will help the operating system to check for regular Windows Updates and also looks for new drivers.
4. Now, you need to look for the graphics card drivers who have manufacturer names related to graphics components written.
5. You can find the option to view these in the main view or under the Optional Updates category. When you see one of the graphics card drivers, click on the Install button and just wait for the installation to complete.
Solution 3: Check Windows Updates to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot Issue:
To check for updates in the Windows 10 system, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings from the start button.
2. Now, click on the ‘System and Security option and then select ‘Windows Update.’
3. In the left pane of the Device Manager, click the ‘Check for updates option.
4. Finally, install all updates and restart your computer when instructed.
Solution 4: Enable/Disable Fast Startup
To enable or disable the Fast Startup in the Windows 10 system, follow the given steps:
1. Open Settings from the Windows button.
2. Now, select the System option from the Settings list and then click on Power and Sleep.
3. Now, in the Start menu, open “Power options.”
4. Next, select “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the windows pane.
5. Now, make sure to click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
6. Finally, under “Shutdown settings,” you may either tap the checkbox “Turn on fast startup” to enable it or uncheck it to disable it.
Solution 5: Try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter
To run the Windows Update Troubleshooter in Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. The first step includes clicking the Start button and then going to Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, click on Update & Security, then click on Troubleshoot, and then select the Additional troubleshooters’ option.
3. Now, below the Getup and running option, select Windows Update and run the troubleshooter.
4. When the troubleshooter is finished to run, restart your system.
5. Finally, to check for new updates, follow the same procedure till the Windows Update option. This time, click on Check for updates option and then install any available updates.
Solution 6: Delete Files from WDI Directory
To delete files from WDI Directory in Windows 10 system, follow the given steps:
1. Firstly, type File Explorer in the Windows search box. Please open it and then navigate to the given path.
2. After reaching the path, select the WDI folder to open the directory.
3. Click Continue for confirmation if any security wizard notification appears on the screen.
4. Now, delete all the files in the directory.
5. Finally, reboot your system and check the changes made.
Solution 7: Update Drivers Manually
To update drivers manually, follow the given steps:
1. Open the Device Manager from the Windows button.
2. Now, select a category of devices, then right-click the one you’d like to update.
3. Next, click Search automatically for updated driver software.
4. Finally, click on Update Driver to perform the updates.
Solution 8: Use Windows 10 Startup Manager
To use the Windows 10 startup manager, follow the given steps:
1. Right-click on your taskbar and then click on “Task Manager.”
2. Next, in the “Task Manager” window, go to the “Startup” tab.
3. Lastly, click “Disable” to remove the programs you rarely use or don’t always need from the startup programs.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How long does it take for the BIOS update in a Windows 10 system?
Answer: It can take around a touch over 10 minutes for Windows 10 BIOS update. In any case, to be on the more secure side, keep around 20-30 minutes for a similar reason. Likewise, ensure that you have an appropriate force supply with no interferences during the ideal opportunity for Windows 10 BIOS update.
Q2. How do I know what makes my computer slow?
Answer: Windows has an underlying diagnostics device called Performance Monitor. It can survey your PC’s action continuously or through your log record. You can utilize its detailing highlight to figure out what’s making your PC delayed down. To get to the Resource and Performance Monitor, open Run and type perform.
Q3. Why does my laptop battery last only one hour?
Answer: What you set your journal’s force-related inclinations can mean for how long your battery can control the PC. With the screen at most incredible brilliance and the processor set to work at full force, your battery-life utilization rate increases, and a solitary charge cycle goes on for a more limited measure of time.
Q4. How to fix battery drainage issues in Windows 10?
Answer: To fix battery issues in Windows 10, take care of the following things:
1. Keep Apps from Running in the Background.
2. Turn On the Battery Saver.
3. Disable the Fast Startup.
4. Disable Hibernate.
5. Modify Power Settings on Network Adapter.
Q5. Why is my computer battery not fully charging?
Answer: On the off chance that your battery won’t re-energize by any stretch of the imagination, however, will, in any case, release effectively, you are reasonably encountering an issue with your charge framework. Most generally, this implies your connector is starting to fizzle, or you have harmed the force attachment on the PC where the charger connects.
We hope the article was helpful in providing you the solutions to your Windows 10 Slow Boot Issue. Though we have tried to cover and discuss all the possible problems you might face, if you still think something has been left unanswered, you can connect with us through the comment section below; we would love to help solve your issue.