Are you facing the HP Printer not working on Windows 11 issue on your computer? If yes, then you are at the right place. This article will tell you the reasons and solutions to your HP Printer not working on Windows 11 issue.
Why does your HP Printer not work on Windows 11?
Following could be the potential reasons as to why your HP Printer does not work on Windows 11:
1. Your printer drivers are either corrupted or outdated.
2. There is a windows and printer compatibility issue.
3. Firewall is secured to disable foreign connections.
How to Fix HP Printer not working on Windows 11?
Follow the solutions that are mentioned below accurately to fix the HP Printer not working on Windows 11 issue:
Solution 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter to Fix HP Printer not working on Windows 11
If there is some general inconsistency that is causing the issue of HP Printer not working on Windows 11, run the Printer Troubleshooter using these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box and type the follow, and hit the Enter key:
2. The Troubleshoot tab in the settings app will open.
3. Select the Other Troubleshooters option from the menu.
4. Then select the Run button associated with the Printer.
5. Wait until the scan is complete. By the end of the scan you will be presented with the issue and its fix if there is any.
6. You can reboot your system to check if your issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Uninstall or Reinstall Drivers to Fix HP Printer not working on Windows 11
By uninstalling the Printer, you can install it from scratch and fix the issue of the HP Printer not working on Windows 11. To uninstall your Printer, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, open the System Settings and go to Devices.
2. Now, select the Printers and Scanners from the devices list.
3. Next, select your Printer and click the Remove device option from the drop-down menu.
4. Click yes when prompted for the deletion.
Solution 3: Disable Firewall
Disabling the firewall will fix the HP Printer not working on Windows 11. To do it, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, press the Windows key and then, type Windows Defender Firewall.
2. From the Windows Defender Firewall that opens, choose Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off on the left.
3. Select the two Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
4. Next, press the OK button.
Solution 4: Check for Windows Update
To fix the HP Printer not working on Windows 11 issue, you can try updating your Windows manually using the following steps:
1. Start by opening the Settings from the Start Menu.
2. Now, go to Update and Security and tap on the Windows Update option.
To update the related drivers that might be causing HP Printer not working on Windows 11 issue, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager of your computer.
2. Now, expand the Print queue section, and right-click the driver you need to update, and tap Update driver.
3. Next, tap on the Search automatically for drivers option.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why is my PC not connecting to my wireless HP printer?
Answer: This issue could be arising due to a connectivity issue between your system and the Printer. You should also check your Wi-Fi for the same. Further, you can check the ink cartridge and drivers of the Printer too.
Q2. How do I fix my HP printer if it won’t print?
Answer: To fix this issue, you can follow these steps:
1. Disconnect your Printer from the system and go to the Control panel.
2. Now go to programs and features and select your HP printer entries and uninstall them.
3. Now, go back to the main Control Panel page and select Devices and Printer.
4. There, select all the printer entries and remove the device. You can now restart your computer.
Q3. Why am I receiving an error message on my HP printer?
Answer: This problem could be occurring due to a hardware problem or a cable connectivity issue between the computer and your Printer. You can fix this problem by resetting the Printer or updating your Printer’s firmware.
Q4. Why is my Printer connected but not able to print?
Answer: This issue could probably be arising due to your USB cable not being appropriately plugged into your Printer or a connectivity issue with the Wi-Fi. You can also check the link in your toner cartridges.
Answer: To fix this issue, follow these steps:
1. In the Device Manager, select the Update and Security option.
2. Your updates will be downloaded and installed automatically if there are any.
3. Restart your computer after the update is complete.
We hope you will now be able to fix the HP Printer not working on Windows 11 with the solutions discussed above. However, if you are still not able to solve the problem then, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the Printer’s issues with Windows 11.