Technology is rising in all the divisions, yet printers still seem to behave irregularly when you need them the most! Mac is scandalously placed for connection quandaries with printers. Many Mac users are recently reporting an issue with their HP printer not found during the driver setup.
What happens is they see an error message “The printer is not found in the driver setup” on their Mac processor, and they can’t use their printer. Here we share a few tricks for when your Mac is unable to communicate with your printer’s driver setup.
Here we have penned down this column so that you should be capable to settle your printing obstacles with the least botheration.
Why is the HP printer not found during driver setup (Mac)?
Reasons for this error are not so much but it will be beneficial to review them as you can carry out the clarification better according to your system’s plot. Go through the list given below
- Blocked Feed Cog
- Unclean Cartridge
- Paper Jam
- Inappropriate establishment.
- Absence of software adaptability.
- Outdated Printer Drivers
- A code-signing snafu attacking macOS Catalina (version 10.15).
How to Fix an HP printer not found during driver setup (Mac)?
Even though it is a vital issue, it is not unmanageable to restore the HP Printer not found during driver setup in MAC. Here we are catching up to describe few beneficial techniques that can assist you out to resolve this fault:
Solution 1 – Troubleshoot your printer connection to Fix an HP printer not found during driver setup (Mac):
It’s possible that there’s something wrong with your scanner, so run a troubleshooter on your computer to fix the issue.
Go through the following steps below:
1. Go to the Apple Menu and select System Preferences.
2. Open System Preferences from the Dock panel. Select System Preferences, and you will notice the main window for your system settings.
3. Scroll down to Upgrade & Security panel in the settings box.
4. Tap on the Troubleshoot panel on the left side of your screen.
5. Now scroll down the page in troubleshoot panel and locate the printer & devices segment and select it.
6. Thereafter, tap on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
7.Throughout the troubleshooting means, the tool will examine the error and automatically resolve it by pushing the Apply fix switch.
8. Eventually, when the process is completed, restart the system to check if the error is solved.
Solution 2 – Reset print System:
This may come helpful when your printing app is broken.
1. Click on the Apple menu icon.
2. Click on System Preferences.
3. Click Printers & Scanners.
4. Right or control tap on the panel of devices on the left side of the display window.
5. Now select the Reset printing system option.
6. You will notice a confirmation pop-up, tap Reset when indicated to confirm that you require to reset your whole printing system.
7. Enter the password for your administrative account if prompted.
8. Click OK.
9. As soon as the reset procedure is concluded, the index of printers and scanners will be clear. Then you have to re-add your printer.
10. Click the add button (it looks like a plus symbol).
11. If the list of options appears, click on your printer to automatically add it to your system.
12. If a window pops up instead, select your printer from the list of available options and click on Add.
The Mac will reset your printer and append it to your file.
Solution 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall HP Printer Driver with Air print:
If you are unable to add your printer from System Preferences, it may be that its operator software needs an up-gradation. Before you follow these measures in the column below, review the system specifications for the operator. The reason for your printing obstacles could be that the producer hasn’t yet renewed its operators to sustain the latest OS.
1. Start with Safari and proceed to the printer manufacturer’s site.
Find the support segment and then the driver download section.
2. Resolve scan connection issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver.
3. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary.
4. Click Finder in the Dock.
5. Now open the HP folder in the menu window and find applications and tap on that.
- If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it to uninstall the software, and then skip to the step to prepare the printer for the driver installation.
- Continue to the next step if you don’t find the HP uninstaller in the record.
6. Press and move the HP folder to the dustbin symbol in the Dock.
7. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, and then click Go.
8. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the anchor.
9. Now press and hold the Ctrl + click combination key in the rubbish symbol, and then pick Clear the bin or Clear Trash.
10. Equip the printer for the operator establishment. Keep in mind to switch it on, cartridges are connected, and plain sheets are stacked on the main plate.
11. Go to 123.hp.com. This guided service automatically locates the correct print driver or app for your computer operating system version.
12. Follow the instructions to download and install the driver or app. During the installation, select HP Smart or the full software option to get the most out of your HP printer, and then follow the steps to set up the printer connection.
Now once you complete this procedure thoroughly, restart the system.
Frequently Asked Question:
Q1. What to do when your HP printer is not found?
A1. Troubleshoot with Windows when your printer is not detected during the composition. Utilize HP Print and Scan Doctor on your processor to help diagnose, repair printing and scanning problems. Make certain that the paper is stacked in the main tray, and then activate the printer.
Q2. How to remove the print driver from the HP printer?
A2. Here’s how you can remove the print driver from the HP printer in MAC:
- Tap on the Plus icon,
- Elect your printer in the menu and then choose the ‘Add’ option.
- Discard any print driver and software established on your Mac, and then affix the printer with AirPrint.
- Download and begin with the HP Easy Start.
- Push the Uninstall HP Software key from HP Easy Start drop-down window.
- Further, obey the directions as shown on the display screen to uninstall all HP operating systems.
- Reboot the system
This should do the trick for you.
Q3. Mac Unable to Communicate with Your Printer! How to fix this problem?
A3. Here’s how you can connect the printer to your HP device in the following ways:
- Renew your printer operatives
- Add the printer manually
- Monitor your printer line or menu
- Check the network as well as the router, wifi connection.
- Reset the driver- delete and reinstall them.
Q4. Mac cannot locate the wireless printer
- Head into System Preferences>Printers and Scanners.
- Then in the list of Printers, right-click and select “Reset Printing System…”
- It warns you will lose all the printers and Queues. Keep in mind this will remove ALL PRINTERS, not just the one you are having trouble with.
- After the reset, Utilize the printer’s control panel to print a network configuration page to verify it is properly configured to the wireless network.
- Then added the printer again using the plus sign button at the bottom of the Printers and Scanners screen and
- Now, wait for a while or so to detect the wireless printer on its own.
- Click ok and it is affixed with no dilemma. Clicked print on a document and there it printed instantly.
Eventually, reboot the system and keep in mind that you need not establish it by IP address or use any driver installation.
Now that you understood how to revive the HP Printer not found during driver setup in MAC, we hope you don’t face any complications further and resolve the error with ease. You can now easily rectify the issues with the HP Printer not found during driver setup in MAC on your own within no time and operate effortlessly.
If you have any apprehensions or inquiries, or still facing an issue about how to establish and work the Hp printer without any driver setup error, feel free to drop comments below or you can also reach us via the chatbox, we will provide further support at any point.