Another Printer is using the Printer error usually occurs when multiple systems are using the same Printer to get their jobs done. If you find this error on your system, you can wait and check for another system’s print command to be finished. However, if the problem persists, you need to perform the solutions we have mentioned above.
How to Fix ‘Another Printer is using the Printer’ Error?
Follow the solutions mentioned below to fix the Another Printer is using the Printer error:
Solution 1: Update Drivers
To fix the Another Printer is using the Printer error, update your Printer drivers using the following subsequent steps:
1. Firstly, tap the Start button and open Settings.
2. Now, tap on Update & Security, and click on Check for updates option.
3. Your drivers will be downloaded and installed if Windows Update finds an updated driver. After that, your Scanner/Printer will automatically use it.
Solution 2: Try creating a Batch File
To create a batch file, follow the subsequent steps:
1. Open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows+ E keys together.
2. Now, tap View, click on Options, and select Change folder and search options.
3. Next, uncheck the Hide extensions for the known file types option.
4. Now, form a new text file on the Desktop and save it after typing the following command:
net stop spooler
net start spooler
5. Rename the file by removing the .txt extension to .bat
6. Click Yes if prompted.
7. Now, the spooler service will automatically execute whenever you double-click the icon.
Solution 3: Restart the Print Spooler of your Printer
You restart the Printer Spooler manually follow these steps:
1. Launch the Run application by pressing the Windows+ R key together, and in the search box, type services.msc, and hit the Enter button.
2. Now scroll down the Services Window and search the Print Spooler services from the list.
3. Double-tap the Print spooler services to open its Properties.
4. Now, tap the stop button under the system status. Further, click OK to save the changes of the status.
5. We now need to delete the Printer files by again opening the Run application and then typing the following command:
6. Hit the Enter button and once the folder appears, delete all the files in it.
7. Now, repeat the steps from 1-4 to restart the system services.
Solution 4: Perform a Full Power Cycle
This is the easiest method to fix the Another Printer is using the Printer error. Do the following:
1. Disconnect the power cable from the Printer while letting your Printer be switched on.
2. Then, unplug the cable from the power source.
3. Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect the cable to the power source and the Printer.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What does another computer is using my Printer mean?
Answer: This error occurs when any situation makes the Printer unavailable. It could be when multiple systems are using the same Printer, or the driver has gone corrupted. You can fix this error by running a power cycle or restarting your print spooler service.
Q2. How do you manually check for printer driver updates?
Answer: You can manually check Printer updates using the subsequent steps:
1. Go to Update and Security in the Settings.
2. Then, click on Check for updates.
3. If the Windows update finds an updated driver, it will download and install it automatically.
Q3. Where are printer drivers located on the system?
Answer: To check your Printer drivers’ location, select your Printer and tap on the Printer server properties. Then, choose the Drivers tab at the top of the Window.
Q4. Why will my printer print but not scan?
Answer: To fix this issue, you need first to check the network connection of your Printer. You can then check the Firewall setting on your computer too.
Q5. How can I connect my printer to my laptop?
Answer: You can connect your Laptop with the Printer using a USB cable and then install it by manually adding it using the following steps:
1. Open the Settings of your Laptop and click on Devices.
2. Now, go to the Printers & Scanners option from the list.
3. Tap the Add Printer option and then click the option: I want the Printer isn’t listed.
4. Now, choose “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” and click on Next.
5. Select Use an existing port LPT1: (Printer Port) and then choose your Printer’s Model No.
6. Now, select “Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended)” and click Next.
7. Add your Printer Model No. and share the Printer if you want to; otherwise, choose the “Do not share” option.
8. Lastly, click on “Print a Test Page.”
We hope you can now solve the Another Printer using the Printer error with the solutions mentioned above. However, if you are unable to solve the problem, you can connect with us via the chat box or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with your Printer.