Are you facing a problem of the screen not displaying or the Monitor not displaying the full screen on Windows 10? If yes, this blog will help you find the solutions to your problem.
Why does your Monitor not displaying full screen on windows 10?
Your Monitor might not be displayed full screen on Windows 10 due to the following reasons:
1. Problem with Video driver installation
2. Outdated video/graphics driver
3. Game mode has taken over video hardware
4. Full-screen mode has been disabled in the Display Settings
How to Fix Monitor not Displaying Full Screen on Windows 10?
The reasons for Monitor not displaying the full screen on Windows 10 could vary for every user. However, the solutions that have been provided below are designed keeping in mind all and any issues. Keep scrolling to follow the methods with detailed steps.
Solution 1: Install Video Adapter Drivers to Fix Monitor not Displaying Full Screen on Windows 10:
To install the video adapter drivers, you need to follow these steps:
1. Go to Device Manager.
2. Maximize the Display adapters list.
3. Now, right-click on your video adapter driver and select the ‘Uninstall device ‘option.
4. Download the latest driver for your video card from the official website of your device.
5. Install the video driver and restart your computer or laptop.
Solution 2: Disable Game Modes to Fix Monitor not Displaying Full Screen on Windows 10:
Game modes are programs that have the power to take over PC’s video hardware and, basically, the actual OS to expand the presentation of the game and work on the ongoing interaction. Notwithstanding, there are cases where these ‘game modes’ hinder the full-screen ability of the PC until they are initiated.
For this situation, attempt to turn off all at present running game modes. You can likewise uninstall them utilizing the application wizard. Finally, restart the program which wasn’t running in full-screen and check whether the issue is settled.
Solution 3: Change Display Setting
To change the display settings in your Windows 10 system, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on your desktop and select the Display settings.
2. Set your scaling to 100%.
Note: If you have an old version of Windows 10, slide on the top of the Display panel and set it to 100.
3. After setting the scaling to 100%, tap the drop-down menu under the Resolution heading and try changing the Resolution.
Note: If you have an older version of Windows, click on ‘Advanced Display settings’ and change the Resolution.
Solution 4: Reinstall Video Adapter Drivers
To reinstall video adapter drivers, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager of your Windows 10 system.
2. Maximize the Display adapters list.
3. Right-click your Display adapter and tap on ‘Uninstall device.’
4. After the driver is uninstalled, restart your system. Wait till the driver is installed again automatically.
Solution 5: Change Setting Game to NVIDIA
One more reason why you probably won’t have the option to display full screen on certain applications is on the grounds that the mode is either turned off or overly used by the game or program which you are attempting to run in full-screen. Again, this is an extremely normal situation and is likewise able to provide the fix for outsider designs applications like NVIDIA Control Panel.
Explore the application/game’s settings and ensure that the mode is no turned off. Additionally, assuming you have a committed graphics card, make sure that the video card’s settings.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How do I make F11 full screen?
Answer: To make your browser go full screen on your desktop, all you need to do is to press the F11 key on your keyboard.
Q2. What is a full-screen mode?
Answer: A full-screen mode enables maximized ratio that is stretched all over your desktop screen. This mode is ideal for playing games.
Q3. How can I fix my monitor display?
Answer: To fix your monitor display, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings of your system and open System.
2. In it, open Display and check the Scale and Resolution options, and adjust them to make your screen suitable for your choice.
Q4. When I start up my computer, is the screen black?
Answer: You could be facing this issue due to an outdated or a corrupted graphic driver. This could also be due to a problematic startup application running automatically.
Q5. Why is my Windows screen black?
Answer: Your Windows monitor screen could be black due to connectivity issues from your power supply or from the Monitor. Try fixing the plugs, and your problem might as well be solved.
We hope this article helped you solve the Monitor not displaying Full Screen on Windows 10 issue. However, if you are still not able to solve the problem, then you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Windows 10.