Does your Printer print but not scan on your Windows 10 system? If yes, this article will provide you with fixes for your problem of the Canon Printer won’t scan on Windows 10. Keep reading!
Why is your Canon Printer not scanning in Windows 10?
The following could be the potential reasons because of which your Canon Printer does not scan in Windows 10 system:
1. USB connectivity issues.
2. Outdated driver
3. Missing driver
4. Device driver is corrupted.
5. Device and scanner compatibility issues
6. Wi-Fi connectivity issue if the Printer is wireless
How to Fix Canon Printer Won’t Scan on Windows 10?
In this article, we provide you with five easy solutions with their detailed steps to fix the problem of Canon Printer not scanning on Windows 10.
Solution 1: Update your Canon Printer Drivers
To update your Printer drivers, follow the subsequent steps:
1. Tap the Start button and open Settings.
2. Now, tap on Update & Security, and click on Check for updates option.
3. Your drivers will be downloaded and installed if Windows Update finds an updated driver. After that, your Scanner/Printer will automatically use it.
Solution 2: Select Power save Option
If your Canon scanner isn’t working, try changing the power options of your system using the following steps:
1. Search power saver in the windows search box.
2. Next, select the option to Choose a power plan option.
3. Now, select the Power Saver option, and in the Choose a power plan heading, enable the Power Saver option.
Solution 3: Use Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
Try running a Hardware and Device Troubleshooter to fix the problem of Canon Printer not scanning on Windows 10 devices using these steps:
1. Search troubleshoot in the Windows search box, and chose your Printer in the troubleshooter options.
2. Now, select the Troubleshoot option to start the troubleshooter.
You can click the Printer icon to go to a printing problem solution directly.
3. Next, you need to click the Run the troubleshooter button.
4. Finally, the Windows troubleshooter will appear, which will guide you through the instructions to solve the problem of your Canon scanner not working.
Solution 4: Check your Scanner Compatibility
Your Canon scanner not working In Windows 10 could be due to its incompatibility with the system. You can check your Canon Printer’s model, series and hence, compatibility from Canon’s official website by using its Support page.
Solution 5: Use Device Manager to Check Your Canon Scanner Software
You can use the Device Manager to check your Canon Scanner Software using the following steps:
1. Open the Device Manager on your Windows 10 system.
2. From the list of devices given, select your Canon Scanner.
3. Now, right-click on the dialogue box and select the option to update Driver Software.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why will my printer print but not scan?
Answer: Your PC setting has probably disabled scanning settings. Other than this, following could be the reasons as to why your Printer is printing but not scanning:
1. Outdated driver
2. Missing driver
3. Device driver is corrupted.
4. Device and scanner compatibility issues
Q2. How do I download Canon printer drivers on Windows 10?
Answer: You can download Canon Printer drivers from Canon’s official website by following the given steps:
1. Open Canon’s website and visit its Support webpage.
2. In the search box of that webpage, enter your Printer’s model.
3. From the list of drivers that appear, select your driver according to your system’s compatibility.
4. Finally, tap on Download driver button.
Q3. Why can’t I install printer driver on Windows 10?
Answer: This could be due to an old or previously installed Printer driver in your system. In order to install the new Printer driver, ou need to completely uninstall the previous Printer driver.
Q4. How do I manually install a printer driver in Windows 10?
Answer: You can manually install a Printer driver with the help of the following steps:
1. Firstly, open the Device Manager in your system and select the Printer & drivers option from the list.
2. Now, select the Add a Printer Option.
3. Next, establish the connection using the USB cable when asked to and then click the Next button.
4. Now, from the built-in operator’s menu select your Printer and driver version and click the Next button.
5. Finally, restart your system and run a test print.
Q5. How do I connect my printer to my computer without USB?
Answer: You can connect your Printer without a USB with the help of these steps:
1. Open your system settings.
2. Now, link both your system and the Printer to the Wi-Fi and complete the connectivity.
3. Now, launch your Printer settings.
4. Finally, the dialogue box that will appear will guide you to connect the Printer to your computer.
We hope this article could solve your Canon Printer not scanning in Windows 10 problem easily. Follow the five solutions provided above accurately and the issue will be solved in no time. However, if you still face any issue in solving the Canon Printer not scanning in Windows 10 problem, you can connect with us in the chatbox or the comment section below.