In October 2021, Microsoft had posted a help article stating the issue of Brother Printers that are connected to Windows system after the Windows 11 update via a USB cable will not be able to print. Now, this covers almost all of Brother Printer problems and hence a solution had to be searched for. It is noted that when you connect your Brother Printer to your Windows 11 system, you are prompted with the error like “Cannot Print to the USB Printer”. However, as soon as you get past the notification, you will be allowed to print successfully. Apart from this issue, there can be many other issues that could be causing the Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11. This article will help you find the reasons and solutions to it.
Why is Brother Printer Not Connecting to Windows 11?
Your Brother Printer is unable to connect to Windows 11 due to the following potential reasons:
1. The new KB5006746 update is causing this issue.
2. There is some general inconsistency that is causing this issue.
3. There is some issue in the Print-to-PDF feature.
4. There is a Printer Spooler Service error.
How to Fix Brother Printer not Connecting to the Windows 11?
You can easily fix the Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issues with the help of the solutions that have been discussed below.
Solution 1: Re-enable Print to PDF Feature to Fix Brother Printer not Connecting to the Windows 11:
The Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issue could be possible due the latest update in the Print-to-PDF feature. To fix it, you need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box, type the following and hit Enter:
2. In the Programs and Features menu that opens, click the Turn Windows features on or of option.
3. Next, click Yes when prompted by the User Account Control for admin access.
4. Now, in the Windows Features screen, check the Microsoft Print to PDF box by scrolling down.
5. Click OK to save the changes and reboot your system.
Solution 2: Run Printer Troubleshooter to Fix Brother Printer not Connecting to the Windows 11:
A general issue or error could also be the reason for Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11. You can fix it by running the Printer Troubleshooter using these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box and type the follow, and hit the Enter key:
2. The Troubleshoot tab in the settings app will open.
3. Select the Other Troubleshooters option from the menu and then select the Run button associated with the Printer.
4. Wait until the scan is complete. By the end of the scan you will be presented with the issue and its fix if there is any.
5. You can reboot your system to check if your issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Uninstall the KB5006746 update
To uninstall the problematic KB5006746 update that is causing the issue of Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box, type the following and hit Enter:
2. The Programs and Features screen will open, in which you need to select the View installed updates menu on the left.
3. In the Installed Update window, right-click the KB5006746 updates and select Uninstall.
4. Next, select Yes when prompted and let the uninstall finish.
5. Now, visit the official page of the Microsoft show or hide troubleshooter. The download for the update would begin automatically.
6. After the download is done, open the .diagcab file and tap the Advanced button.
7. Next, check the Apply Repairs Automatically box and then click Next.
8. Wait till the pending updates are completed, and then in the next screen click the Hide Updates option from the list.
9. Next, check the box associated with the KB5006746 update and click Next to hide it.
10. Finally, reboot your PC if you are now able to connect your network printer without receiving the same ‘Windows couldn’t connect to the printer’ message.
Solution 4: Use Registry Editor
To manually fix the Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issue, you can use the Registry Editor by following these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box, type the following and hit Ctrl + Shift +Enter keys:
2. The Registry Editor with admin access will open. You then, need to click Yes when prompted by the User Account Control.
3. Next, in the Registry Editor tool, navigate to the following location:
4. In the current window, right-click an empty space and select New, then click Dword Value (32 bit).
5. Name the new DWORD value to RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled
6. Double-click the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled value and set the Base to Hexadecimal and the value data to 0.
7. Finally, click OK to save the changes and then restart your system.
Solution 5: Restart Printer Spooler Service
An error in the Printer Spooler service could also be the reason for your Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11. Try restarting your Printer Spooler service using the following steps to fix this issue:
1. Firstly, press the Windows key on your keyboard and in the dialog box that opens on the screen, type Services.
2. After opening the Services screen, go to the Print Spooler service.
3. Now, right-click the Print Spooler Service and tap on Stop. Doing this will halt all the services.
4. Now, again, right-click the Print Spooler Service and click Start to restart the services.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Are Brother Printers and Windows 11 compatible?
Answer: Yes, Brother Printers are compatible with Windows 11. However, with certain setbacks from Microsoft Windows 11 update, there can be chances when your system prompts that your Brother is not connected to Windows or is unable to print from the USB Printer.
Q2. Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my laptop?
Answer: If you are facing this issue, it is best that you reconnect your system and Printer, or check your USB cable or USB port for any other issues.
Q3. How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
Answer: To make your wireless Brother printer discoverable, follow these steps:
1. Connect your system to your Wi-Fi.
2. Then, connect your Printer to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. You can now easily connect your Brother Printer with the computer.
Q4. Why is my printer connected but not printing?
Answer: This could be possible due to a paper jam issue, or ink cartridge issue in the Printer. Another reason for this problem could be network issues with your Wi-Fi. Try using a USB cable instead, to fix this issue.
Q5. How do I fix my Brother printer if it won’t print?
Answer: To fix it, you can try the following solutions:
1. Make your Brother Printer as the Default Printer.
2. Update your Printer driver.
3. Check and restart your Print Spooler Services.
4. Run the system file checker to fix any damaged files.
5. Factory reset the Brother Printer.
We hope you will now be able to fix the Brother Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issue. However, if the problem persists, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Windows 11.