The HP Printer Driver Error 0x80070705 is the unknown Printer driver error that many HP Printer users have reported. However, you need not worry. Through this article, we will be providing the reasons as well as the solutions to this problem.
Why does your HP Printer Driver Display Error 0x80070705?
The following could be the potential reasons because of which your HP Printer driver Display Error 0x80070705:
1. Migrating Printer from an old server to a new server using Group Policy Preferences(GGP).
2. Incorrectly configured Printer Spooler services.
How to Fix HP Printer Driver Error 0x80070705?
You can fix the HP Printer Error 0x80070705 using the below-mentioned solutions:
Solution 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter to Fix HP Printer Driver Error 0x80070705:
To run the HP Printer troubleshooter, you need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialogue box from the Windows Start menu.
2. In the dialogue box, type: ms-settings:troubleshoot and click the OK button.
3. Now, select the Troubleshoot option on the left pane.
4. On the right pane, click on the Additional Troubleshooter link.
5. Expand the Printer section and tap the Run the Troubleshooter option.
6. From the solutions that appear, click on Apply this fix option.
7. Wait for a few minutes till the fix is applied.
8. Restart your Windows and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Restart Printer Spooler to Fix HP Printer Driver Error 0x80070705:
To restart the Printer Spooler, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, open the Run dialogue box.
2. Now, type in the Run search box: services.msc and tap OK.
3. In the Services window that opens, scroll down and select Printer Spooler Service. Then right-click it and tap on Properties.
4. In the Spooler Properties window, go to the General tab and select Automatic under the startup type section.
5. Now, tap the Stop button and wait for a few seconds. Then, tap the start button and let it make the changes.
6. Restart our system to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Refresh your Windows Components
To refresh or reset the Windows update components, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, you have to open the website of your Windows update history.
2. Browse the latest update for your Windows and take note of the KB number of that update.
3. Next, open the Microsoft Update Catalogue website and then search for the knowledge base of that KB number.
4. Download the update for the version according to our system’s compatibility.
5. Double click the file and begin the installation. You can then, finally, restart your system.
Solution 4: Try different Printing Option
The final solution is that you can try other printing options from the Print dialogue box, or you can simply switch to a different Printer to check if the same problem persists.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How do I get my Printer out of an error state?
Answer: The easiest way to get your Printer in error state issue out is by completely switching off your Printer and the system. Wait for a few seconds and then restart your Printer and system. After that, your issue should have been resolved.
Q2. How should I get my HP printer back online?
Answer: If you want to get your Printer back online, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, you need to open the Device Manager from the Windows Start Menu.
2. Then, open the Devices and Printers option.
3. Right-click your Printer and select the See what’s printing option.
4. From the dialogue box that appears, select the Printer option on the top of the menu bar.
5. Finally, select the Use Printer Online option from the drop-down menu.
Q3. How is it possible to fix your HP printer when it says offline?
Answer: To fix your Printer when it says offline, you can simply switch it off and disconnect the power cord from the Printer. Wait for a few minutes and restart your Printer. You should also disconnect your power cord from the wireless router.
Q4. How can I switch my printer status from offline to online?
Answer: To change your Printer status from offline to online, follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows Settings or the Device Manager of your system.
2. Then tap on Devices and Printers.
3. Select your Printer of whose offline status you want to change.
4. Now click on Open queue. Then, in the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline.
5. Lastly, confirm the status, and the Printer will be set online.
Q5. Why is it that my use printer offline grayed out?
Answer: This problem could arise due to a connectivity issue of the Printer. To fix it, check the connectivity of the Printer, or you can disable the Use Printer Offline Settings.
We hope that this article can fix your HP Printer Driver Error 0x80070705. If not, then you can connect with us through the chatbox or the comment section below. If you face any other issue of the same kind, you can connect with us for that too.