Windows Update is some of the time belittled as a foundation of your framework’s honesty and security. In addition to the fact that it keeps your PC sound and current, yet it additionally conveys new highlights every once in a while, to keep the stage fresh and pertinent. In any case, Microsoft’s updates don’t generally carry out as quickly as the organization expects. Here, we’ll tell you the best way to get the Windows Update problem in Windows 10 working again when it falls flat and what to do if it resembles an update that is causing issues.
Why is Windows 10 unable to update?
The following are the reasons why Windows 10 is unable to update:
1. Not managing auto-updates.
2. Due to problems that come along with new updates.
3. Ignorant regarding the error codes when the installation or up-gradation of Windows is happening.
4. Some malware or virus is causing an issue.
How to Fix Windows update problem on Windows 10?
Generally, Windows refreshes happen quietly behind the scenes, possibly introducing after a brief or when you shut down your PC. Be that as it may, there are events when the update framework needs some assistance. If your Windows update runs into a blunder, you’re in good company.
Here, we provide you with eight solutions to the Windows update problem in Windows 10.
Solution 1: Check the Internet Connection to Fix Windows update problem:
To check your Internet Connection in a Windows 10 system, take care of the following things.
1. Verify that the Wi-Fi connection is the one fit for you. Then, turn your Wi-Fi off and on, and make sure you’re attempting to connect to the correct network.
2. Check Wireless Diagnostics.
3. Check your System Updates.
4. Check your physical hardware.
5. Change your DNS settings.
6. Reset NVRAM/PRAM and the SMC.
If you suspect any network issues in your Windows 10 system, then follow these steps:
1. Click the Windows button on the taskbar and open Settings.
2. Now go to Network & Internet and click Status.
3. Under Change your network settings, select Network troubleshooter.
4. Follow the instructions mentioned in the troubleshooter, and see if that fixes the problem.
Solution 2: Restart your Windows 10 Device to Fix Windows update problem:
To restart your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
1. Click the start button on the lower-left corner of the desktop.
2. Click the right arrow next to the shutdown button.
3. Select the Restart button from the menu that appears.
Solution 3: Free up space on your device
Free up space using the following solutions:
You can free up space on your hard drive using the following options:
1. Uninstall unwanted apps and programs.
2. Clear your desktop.
3. Remove all the monster files.
4. Make Use of the Disk Cleanup Tool.
5. Discard temporary files.
6. Deal with downloads.
7. Save to the cloud.
Solution 4: Pause Updates
To pause updates in your Windows 10 system, follow the given steps:
1. Select the Start button and then go to Settings.
2. Now, open Update & Security, and then click on the Windows Update option.
3. You can either select Pause updates for a week or choose Advanced options.
4. Next, click the drop-down menu in the Pause updates segment and mention a date for resuming the updates.
Solution 5: Download updates manually
To download updates manually in our Windows 10 system, follow the given steps:
1. Click the Windows button on the taskbar and then go to Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, open Update & Security, and then click on the Windows Update option.
3. Now, tap on Check for updates button to avail updates and then install them.
Solution 6: Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
To use the Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix the Windows update problem, follow the given steps:
1. Click the Start button and then go to Settings.
2. In the Settings, open Update & Security, then the Troubleshoot option, and then the Additional troubleshooter’s option.
3. Now, under the Getup and running heading, select Windows Update.
4. Lastly, run the troubleshooter.
5. After the troubleshooter is finished running, restart your device to achieve changes.
Solution 7: Repair corrupted files using a system file checker
To repair corrupted files using the System File Checker, follow the given steps:
1. Open the Start button.
2. Now, search for Command Prompt in the Windows search, and right-click the top result to select the Run as administrator option.
3. Now, type the command that has been mentioned below to fix the Windows 10 system files
4. Lastly, press the Enter button to complete the process.
Solution 8: Clean Installation of Windows 10
To perform a Clean Installation of Windows 10, you can follow the two methods mentioned below:
1. Create an Installation Media and then reinstall Windows from the top. You can do this by following the given instructions:
i) Firstly, open Microsoft’s Download Windows 10 web page.
ii) Now, click the Download Tool Now button to begin the download.
iii) Now click and run the downloaded file.
iv) If you’re installing Windows 10 on the current PC, select the recommended options for this PC.
v) The tool will now automatically download the compatible version for your current PC.
2. Perform a Reset and Remove Everything from your current PC to carry the installation process.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Does Window 10 have a repair tool?
Answer: Yes, Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooting repair tool that can suggest solutions and reasons for your PC issues.
Q2. How to force a restore in Windows 10?
Answer: To restore the System in Windows 10, follow the subsequent steps:
1. Open the Windows search menu on the taskbar.
2. Now, type Create a restore point and then click the top result to open the System Properties page.
3. Next, under the Protection Settings menu, select the main System drive.
4. Now, finally, click the Configure button.
5. Now, choose the Turn on system protection option.
6. Now, click the Apply button to make changes.
7. Lastly, click the OK button to complete the process.
Q3. How do I reset Windows 10 before the booting process?
Answer: You can reset Windows 10 before booting by following the given steps:
1. Open the Recovery tool by typing it in the Windows search box on the taskbar.
2. After the Recovery tool opens, start the Factory Reset by clicking on it.
3. Now, once the Factor Reset option has been selected, Windows will prepare the reset.
Q4. How do I repair Windows 10 without a disk?
Answer: You can repair Windows 10 without using a disk by following the given steps:
1. Firstly, open the Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options menu by pressing F11.
2. Now, go to the Troubleshoot option.
3. In the Troubleshoot menu, select Advanced Options and then click Startup Repair.
4. Now, wait for a few minutes till Windows 10 fix the startup problem by itself.
Q5. How do I boot into Windows recovery?
Answer: To boot into Windows recovery, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Click the start button on the taskbar and then select the Power option.
2. Now, press and hold the Shift key while clicking the Restart button.
To boot the System using Recovery media, follow these steps:
1. Select the Start button and then go the Settings.
2. In the Settings, select Update and Security, and then click on the Recovery option.
3. Now, finally, at the command prompt, execute the Shutdown /r /o command.
Windows 10 can run into issues when refreshing. Fortunately, you realize what to do now if that occurs. First, start with the most un-muddled and ongoing issue before falling back on past reestablish focuses and more unique arrangements.
Therefore, we hope the article was insightful in providing impactful solutions to your Windows Update problem in Windows 10. However, if you are still facing any issues, you can connect with us through the comment section below.