Wi-Fi not working?!
We’re all been run into the frustration that arises when your Wi-Fi link fails frequently. It’s troublesome to really assess the difficulty one may sense when you know that you’ve connected to the WiFi but for some reason, the internet doesn’t want to accelerate forward.
If that is what arose in front of you, don’t intend to think that you may have connected in a wrong manner. Maybe there’s something wrong with your PC, so here we have assembled all the speculations why this error could happen and how you can settle it.
Why Does My Wi-Fi Not Working on Laptop, but working on Your Phone?
We’ve become so habitual to Wi-Fi being immediately usable for our day-to-day chores whether it is listening to music, live streams, streaming our favorite series, and enabling us to work from home that we hardly reflect twice about being attached until we swiftly encounter a Wi-Fi issue.
A halt in connection is troublesome to an everyday cycle, but most Wi-Fi problems are straightforward to retaliate, so you can get reconnected almost quickly.
There could be plenty of reasons for your laptop not connecting to the Wi-Fi Network and this general problem has been notified by various users on internet panels. So let’s go through the list given below before diving into the solutions:
- Test if Your device is connected accurately
- Check the lights on your router
- Move closer to the router
- Plug in an Ethernet cable
- Software and hardware not up-to-date
- Check if your Wi-Fi even turned on
How to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Laptop, but working on Your Phone?
Unfortunately, it can be tricky to light upon precisely which fix is required. It could be due to variations in your running operations settings, or the router, but you can’t really apprehend at first sight. Like so many other mechanical predicaments, it indicates that you’ll have to move through a menu of separate solutions until you are qualified to recognize the suitable one.
Below here, we’ll have proffered a number of solutions, in the favored system, to get your WiFi and internet back on the identical verso:
Solution 1 – Run Windows Troubleshooter to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Laptop:
Running a “Network Troubleshooter” is one of the easiest ways to get rid of the WiFi not working problem in your Windows laptop. The steps are pretty simple too:
1: Head on to the setting of your respective system and locate the Update & Security headline.
2: Tick the troubleshoot symbol on the left facet of the window.
3: Proceed downwards to discover the internet Connection, select it.
4: Now, choose the Run the troubleshooter key, and troubleshoot processing will be started.
Solution 2 – Change Adapter Power Setting to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Laptop:
So we here present you with a resolution to this adapter-type issue. We are just required to change our adapter option from the network adapter setting and then again allow it. Here’s how you can carry out this action:
1. Head on to the setting panel
2. Locate Network & Internet setting and click as you find
3. You’ll notice a ‘Change Adapter Option’
4. Now, tap on wifi bar
5. Select the disable option and again click on wifi
6. Further push the enable button
And that’s it! The problem will be fixed
Solution 3 – Restart your Laptop and its connected devices to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Laptop:
Power operating is one of the easiest and most productive methods to resolve this issue. You need to restart the laptop and its associated router and modem and notice if it runs. Go through the steps below:
1. Start with opening the windows icon and Shut down your laptop. Make sure you don’t put it into sleep mode.
2. Now, detach the Power cord from the router and modem and hold it like that for a few minutes before switching it on.
3. Ultimately, plugin the electrical cable to your router and modem.
4. Hereafter, Turn on your laptop and attach it to the Wi-Fi.
5. You can check once by running the laptop for a while and monitor if Wi-Fi has connected aptly or not. If the issue still continues, move to the next technique.
Solution 4 – Disable Ipv6
Here’s how you can carry out the actions to disable Ipv6:
1. Push the Windows Key + R then enter the latter text control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter and select the button.
2. Now tap on your prevailing connection to unlock settings.
Remember if you are unable to attach to your network, use an Ethernet wire to connect and then follow the instructions given on the screen.
3. Further, tap on the Properties key in the Wi-Fi Status pane.
4. Make certain to uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
5. Push the OK key, and then on Close.
6. Restart your PC to store modifications.
Solution 5 – Renew IP and remove the DNS
Just like a browser cache, an IP and DNS system is a substitute enclosure where your processor stores website data so information loads faster. Cleaning it out might be the punch your machine needs to get back to proper functioning. This can be done in two sections:
1. Open up your start menu and search for “cmd”.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
3. A black box with a flashing cursor will open. Type “netsh int IP reset”, without the quotation marks, and hit Enter.
4. Wait a bit for it to finish running, then restart your PC. See if that helps.
REMOVE THE DNS-
- Start with thoroughly clearing out all your browsers.
- Tap on the start panel and type the following text “cmd”. Push the Command Prompt option.
- You’ll notice a black display on your screen. Type “ipconfig /flushdns”, without the citation points.
- Click enter.
- Ultimately check if the browsers are collecting internet connection or not.
Solution 6 – Unhide and Rename the SSID
Entre Wi-Fi settings to reach the network. While measures could differ based on the model and version of various devices, these settings are in Network and Internet Settings in Windows. Here’s how you can carry out to unhide and rename the SSID:
1. Proceed to Settings and locate the Network and Internet list, click on that.
2. Select Wi-Fi from the left panel.
3. Formerly choose the entitlement Manage Known Networks and then enter a new Network.
4. List the SSID in the Network Name bar.
5. Elect the security type.
6. Insert the network key in the Security Key bar.
7. Elect Connect automatedly.
8. Save the modifications.
Solution 7 – Disable Antivirus Temporarily
Maybe it’s the antivirus befallen in your device that is disturbing up your Wi-Fi joint.
1: Commence with opening the Control window and examine the Windows Antivirus and open it.
2: Elect ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the side panel.
3: You can shut down Windows Defender but execute provisionally only till you settle the error.
If it is already switched off because you are using an antivirus, turn off the antivirus. You may have to restart your processor once.
It is recommended that you keep a check on the malware of the system.
Solution 8 – Reinstall Network Drivers
Here’s how you can carry out the operation of reinstalling network drivers to resolve the issue of wifi not connecting:
1: Advance to Device Manager by right-tapping on the Start key and then choose Device Manager.
2: In the Device Manager, extend Network Adapters to perceive all network adapters, besides the wireless adapter. The Wi-Fi adapter is generally termed as “wireless” in its listing.
To verify the variant figure of the driver, right-tap on the wireless driver listing in Device Manager, push the Network adapters> Properties>Driver tab.
3: Hit the wireless adapter’s standard website or your system producer’s site, and load the appropriate Wi-Fi operator.
4: Now that you have loaded the Wi-Fi operator, it’s time to unestablish the existent operator. In the Device Administrator, right-tap on the wireless adapter record, and tick the Uninstall device title.
5: When you notice the resulting authentication dialog, elect to Delete the driver software for this machine checkbox and then push the Uninstall key to uninstall the operator as well as the media.
6: Once the operator is unestablished, store your output, and reboot your system once to dodge the further driver problems later.
7: Begin the setup of the latest operator that you installed beforehand, and understand the on-screen commands to place the operator.
And that’s it!
Frequently Asked Question:
Many people struggle with problems related to technological matters. It is important to get answers to the problems. Here are the frequently asked questions about the wifi not connecting. We got our professionals to answer the most common inquiries.
Q1. WI-FI not working after reinstalling windows 10. How to resolve this error?
- Run the Network adapter troubleshooter.
- Move to the start menu and Tap on the search box.
- Insert “Troubleshooting” without any quotations, and click on it as appears.
- Push the ‘View All’ on the left-hand side of the display.
- Choose Network Adapter.
- Click on Next, and follow the instructions.
- Reboot your laptop, and check if you can connect to your WiFi again.
Q2. How to settle the Wireless adapter not working on Windows after numerous trials?
One can try operating the troubleshooter to settle this error:
- Hold the “Windows key + W” and inscribe “troubleshooting”.
- Pick the “Troubleshooting” option.
- Select “View all” on the top left corner.
- Click “Network & Internet”.
- Click on “Internet Connections”
- Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
Q3. How to update the device while resolving wifi connectivity issues?
Here’s how you can take out the device update in your window:
- Initiate the start window.
- Insert “Update”, and tap on Check for Updates option.
- Snap the Check for Updates option again.
- Follow the directions as displayed on the screen
- In the end, reboot the system to execute the up-gradation precisely.
Q4. Check your Wi-Fi password
- It is common for computers to disremember or even forget the Wi-Fi codeword you’ve previously set in there, usually as the consequence of some virus or fault. So check out your cellular settings and monitoring if everything is in the system like you established.
- Tap the start key on the edge and insert “View network status”. Push the following as soon as it appears on the screen.
- In the above right, you’ll notice your prevailing link, with some blocks to designate the signal intensity. Tap on the section beside it.
- A Wi-Fi Situation pane will resurface there. Choose the Wireless Properties.
- Tap on the Security tab.
- And right there, you’ll notice your security variant, as well as the codeword. Choose the Show characters entitlement and make certain the password resembles your reports.
Everything that improves technology into something extraordinary can also make it troublesome and complicated when it doesn’t fill the bill right.
We know the incessant Wi-Fi not working problems are very annoying. We hold that the above solutions facilitated you to repair this fault and possess unimpaired Wi-Fi connectivity on your laptop.
If you are still not effective to resolve the obstacle then you can ring up at the talkbox in the bottom left or via the comment section below.
Our professionals will lead you in any way possible to help you solve the issues with your Wi-Fi network as soon as quick.