The default document manager on Windows devices is Windows Explorer. The problem of Windows Explorer not responding in Windows 11 will be addressed in this post.
File Explorer experiences occasional moments of disappointment, just like every other Windows component. If you notice that Windows Explorer isn’t responding quickly, you can try a few different things. The most important tool for examining your framework is Windows Explorer.
Why doesn’t Windows Explorer work on Windows 11?
On occasion, Windows 11’s Windows Explorer won’t reply for one or more of the causes listed below:
1. A faulty or outdated video driver.
2. As a result of programs or services that are running in the background.
3. Corrupted and inconsistent system files.
4. A virus or malware in the system.
How can I fix Windows 11’s unresponsive Windows Explorer?
We might as well talk about the solutions now that we’ve covered all the potential causes of Windows Explorer’s inconsistent responsiveness in Windows 11 at times.
Solution 1: To fix Windows Explorer not responding, restart it using cmd:
To restart Windows Explorer using cmd, adhere to the methods listed below:
1. Press the Start button, type cmd, and then tap the Command Prompt inquiry output that appears to open a Windows Command Prompt.
2. When the Command Prompt appears, enter on your console after entering the bolded taskkill/F/IM explorer.exe and start explorer commands. With this command, explorer.exe will be terminated and the interaction will rapidly resume, allowing you to see your work area once more.
3. After placing the order, you’ll notice a momentary disappearance of the Windows work area followed by a restart. As the Explorer.exe cycle has been restarted, you should be able to close the Windows Command Prompt at this point.
Solution 2: Revert your display settings
Follow these instructions to restore your Windows 11 display settings:
1. The first step entails clicking “Customize” under “Tasks” on the “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” page.
2. After that, you must select “Restore Default Settings” by navigating to the bottom of the menu.
3. Select “Customize” under “Notification” in the Restore Default Settings box. Double-click “Default Settings” one again.
4. To implement the modifications you just made, click the “OK” button at the bottom of each tab.
Solution 3: Launch Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer
If you want to restart Windows Explorer in Task Manager, just follow these instructions:
1. First, click the taskbar at the bottom of the screen with the right mouse button to launch the Task Manager. There would be a choice to access the Task Manager.
2. Select “Windows Explorer” from the list of options in the Task Manager.
3. Finally, click the Restart button located in the Task Manager’s lower right corner.
Solution 4: Update Windows 11 on the computer
Follow the instructions listed below to update Windows 11:
1. The first action is to click Start and then select Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security in the Settings menu, then select the Windows Update option.
Solution 5: Run a system-wide System File Checker Scan as a third option
Follow the instructions below to launch the System File Checker Scan:
1. Check to see if you’ve installed Windows 11’s most recent updates, then restart your computer.
2. Type Command Prompt into the taskbar search box, and then click or hold Command Prompt (Desktop program) from the list of results. Select Yes after choosing Run as head.
3. Type (notice the space before each “/”) DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-picture/Restorehealth, and then press Enter. (Note: This progression could take a few seconds to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
4. Type SFC/scannow and hit Enter after you see the message “The action concluded effectively.” (Note the space between “sfc” and “/”).
5. You must type quit after reading the message “Check 110% complete.”
Frequently Asked Question – Windows Explorer not responding in Windows 11
Q1. Where is the File Explorer in Windows 11?
Answer: Click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar to launch File Explorer. On the other hand, you can launch File Explorer by first tapping the Start button, then File Explorer.
Q2. What benefits does Windows Explorer offer?
You may use Windows Explorer to browse across your hard drive and display the contents of the folders and envelopes you use to organise your documents.
Q3. How do I change the layout of the File Explorer?
The steps below can be used to fix the File Explorer layout.
1. Start File Explorer first.
2. Next, open File Explorer and select the View tab option.
3. After that, enter the View tab by clicking the Options button.
4. Select the View tab, then click the Reset Folders and Yes buttons.
5. To make the necessary adjustments, click the Apply to Folders option next.
6. In order to finish the modifications, click the Yes button.
Q4: In Windows 11, how can I organize File Explorer?
To do this, click Options under Show/Hide group on the Ribbon’s View tab. Click Apply and OK after adding Open File Explorer to the list box and selecting This PC. You can modify such settings from the same exchange if you don’t want to show that you are frequently accessed organisers and recently accessed records.
We trust that this article gave you the necessary solutions to your Windows 11 Windows Explorer not responding issues. If you’re still having trouble, you can get in touch with us by using the chat box in the lower right corner or the comment section below. We’ll make an effort to assist you in resolving your associated problems.