Google Chrome Crash
In this article we are going to show you how to fix Google Chrome crash, not responding, and freezing issues.
Web Browsers are mainly designed to help the users to get access of Internet. Web Browsers are also known as Internet Browser or Browser. There are various Web Browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera & Safari.
Each of the browsers is unique in its features, facilities & specifications.
Google designs & develops its web browser which is known as Google Chrome. It is the most common, popular & widely used web browser. The intention of Google is to take the web world in to a better position. Google use webkit layout engine while developing this Internet Browser. Google was the first that introduce a web browser as a beta version. It is fast & considered as better than Opera & Safari. But Google Chrome cannot reach the point where Internet Explorer of Microsoft & Mozilla Firefox has reached.
This does not mean that Google Chrome is not useful & effective. The main difference is that it does not have some additional features that Mozilla Firefox & Internet explorer has. It will also give you an awesome experience if you use it. so, overall evaluation of this browser is excellent.
But while using this browser, you may face some problems. You can fix some of the problem not all. The most common problem that most of the users face is Google Chrome Crashes. What should we do while facing this Error is the common question that most of the users ask?
Chrome sometimes fail to help users in getting access to the internet by slowing response because of freezing or Google Chrome Crash. Each of the browsers is unique in features, specifications, and facilities despite their ability to fail in responding during their use. Google chrome lacks some additional features such as internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox to assist in faster web browsing and prevention of incidences of failed response and hence crashing or freezing. Failure in response by Google chrome is frustrating to users when trying to check social media and bank accounts since Google chrome keeps freezing hence preventing the user from browsing.
Step 1 – Check your Computer’s RAM
Google Chrome uses too much RAM for it work faster and more efficiently than the other browsers. Less RAM affects the efficiency of Google chrome than any other browsers because of the amount of space it requires to allow for display of different web-pages. Chrome uses so much memory because it runs a number of processes in the computers RAM. In a 2 GB RAM, there is less Google Chrome function and hence it prevents the web browser from working efficiently, so this may be one of the reasons why Google Chrome crash or gets freezed. Checking the computers RAM and increasing it, allows Google Chrome to work more perfectly and faster because of enough memory space created through the expansion of RAM.
Step 2 – Update your Google Chrome
Updating Google chrome creates room for response and prevents crashing and freezing by following the steps below: –
- Update Google Chrome to the latest version.
- Close all the unused tabs, because more opened tabs makes it harder to use chrome causing it to crash or freeze by not responding.
- Turn off or stop the unwanted processes within Google Chrome. This step can be done by deleting unwanted extensions within the Google Chrome extensions.
- Check the computer for any malware.
The following steps will be important in updating Google chrome to improve in response and prevent any Google Chrome crash or freezing.
Step 3 – Close other tabs and Disable Chrome Extensions
Google Chrome crash when lots of tabs are opened in the browser. The chrome runs out of memory and crashes the browser. The following steps are necessary for solving the issue: –
- Close the tabs in Google Chrome.
- Close browser and restart chrome.
- Open tabs and launch web-page again.
Disabling the extensions include the following steps
- Copy and paste chrome://extensions in the URL bar on chrome.
- There is a presentation of extension in the browser and then click on the slider to toggle all the extensions off.
Step 4 – Create a New Google Chrome Profile
Switching to a new user profile fixes the frequency of crashing in Google Chrome. Constant crushing of Google chrome means the development of serious issues and hence creating a new browser profile checks for corruption effectively. The steps involved include: –
- Go to Google chrome settings.
- Click on manage other people that are under people section.
- Click on add a person.
- Give a name to the new user profile and click add.
- Restart chrome and use chrome with the new user profile.
Step 5 – Reset your Browser
Resetting the Google chrome browser follows the following steps: –
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select settings.
- The click will show advanced settings and then find the reset browser settings section.
- Click the reset browser settings on the Google Chrome browser.
- In the dialog box that appears, click on reset on the Google Chrome browser.
Resetting the chrome to default and restoring the browser settings in chrome is important in managing issues of failed chrome response in case of crashes or freeze.
Step 6 – Uninstall Chrome and Reinstall it
The process of uninstalling chrome is part of managing response, crash and freezing issues of Google chrome. Some of the important steps involved in the un-installation process include: –
- Closing any open Google chrome windows.
- Opening the start icon on the Google Chrome browser.
- Opening settings on the browser.
- Clicking on the applications.
- Scrolling down and clicking on Google Chrome.
- Clicking uninstall twice.
- Clicking yes in case of prompt issues on the browser.
- Clicking on uninstall when prompted.
After the un-installation, it is important to reinstall the Google Chrome browser again by following the steps below
- Open the control panel of the browser.
- Select the uninstall a program section or the programs and features section.
- Click on the Google chrome section within the list of installed programs.
- Select Google chrome and click uninstall.
- Check the delete browsing data box.
- Enable the hidden files section in the windows explorer.
- Delete remaining chrome files section.
- Visit the chrome website in another browser such as internet explorer or another installed browser.
- Highlight download section at the top of page and select for personal computer.
- Click download chrome.
- Review terms and start installer.
- Click accept and install to begin download.
- Click run if windows prompt.
- Wait while chrome install.
- Start Chrome and sign in with your Google account(optional).
Step 7 – Scan your PC for Viruses
Malware or virus in the computer leads to Google chrome crashing more often. The following steps solves the issue
- Run a virus scan across the entire windows system.
- If windows defender does not detect it, try another antivirus application such as Norton and McAfee.
- Detection of malware, follow the instructions provided by antivirus program.
- Restart your computer.