The full-screen mode is used to keep yourself away from any hindrances and focus entirely on the thing you’re watching. Unfortunately, at times the Taskbar is visible even when the full-screen mode is enabled. However, this article will help you with its solutions for Taskbar showing in fullscreen in Windows 10.
Why does Taskbar Show in Fullscreen in Windows 10?
The following are the reasons because of which Taskbar shows up in Fullscreen in Windows 10:
1. The auto-hide feature is off.
2. Poor configuration of taskbar settings.
3. Generic System Errors
4. Problematic application configuration
How to Fix Taskbar Show in Fullscreen in Windows 10?
Discussed below are five solutions to fix the issue of Taskbar showing the full screen in Windows 10:
Solution 1: Turn Visual Effects off to Fix Taskbar Show in Fullscreen in Windows 10:
The visual effects on a computer may help solve the issue related to the Taskbar showing up in full-screen. To turn off these visual effects, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings.
2. Select System tile from the list of tiles.
3. Go to the About tab using the menu.
4. Next, from the Related settings, click on the Advanced system settings link.
5. From the new pop-up window that appears, click on the Settings button in the Performance section.
6. Another pop-up that appears will have the Visual Effects tab open.
7. Now, select the Adjust for best performance preset and then tap on the Apply button.
8. Lastly, consider restarting your PC.
Solution 2: Disable Locked Taskbar using Group Policy Editor
To disable a locked taskbar, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, you need to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Next, browse to User Configuration, then go to Administrative Templates.
3. Now, go to the Start Menu on the Taskbar.
4. Next, double-click the Lock all taskbar settings policy.
5. Here, you need to change the setting from Not Configured to Enabled.
6. Lastly, tap OK and restart your computer.
Solution 3: Update the Windows version of your system
Ensure that your Windows version is always updated. If not, you can update it using the following steps:
1. Open the Device Manager of your system and then tap on Update & Security.
2. If an update is available, you will see if you can fetch it manually by clicking on Check for updates button. If the update is available, it is suggested that you install the updates immediately and then try the full-screen mode to check if the Taskbar hides or not.
Solution 4: Change Taskbar Position to Fix Taskbar Show in Fullscreen in Windows 10:
To change the taskbar position, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, then Personalization, and then tap on Taskbar.
2. Now, scroll down to the Taskbar location on the screen.
3. Here, you can reset the Taskbar to other screen positions.
4. The Taskbar would be set to the right place instead of where it was.
Solution 5: Restart the Explorer.exe in your system:
You can restart Windows Explorer using these steps:
1. Right-click the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
2. Under the Apps column, scroll down to Windows Explorer. Next, right-click on it and select Restart.
3. Your windows will disappear momentarily after tapping the restart option. It is possible that some apps will shut down as well.
4. Windows Explorer will provide us a GUI to help us navigate and interact with the filesystem of Windows.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why can’t I see the top of my computer screen?
Answer: You can start seeing the top of your screen again by opening the Start Menu or pressing CTRL+ESC to bring up the Start menu. Then, press ESC again to make it go away.
Q2. How do I get the top bar on my screen Windows 10?
Answer: You can do this by first right-clicking your Taskbar and then un-checking Lock the taskbar option in the menu that pops up. By doing this, you will be enabled to move the Taskbar to a new location. After the Taskbar is unlocked, click the Taskbar, hold it and then drag it to the top of the screen.
Q3. Why is my window bigger than my screen?
Answer: You can fix this issue by selecting the Display option in the Graphics Control Panel of the device Manager. Next, click the drop-down menu and select your external display/monitor. You can now set the custom resolution as your compatible display setting and check if the issue resolves.
Q4. How do I show all open files in Taskbar Windows 10?
Answer: You can simply check it by hovering your mouse over the Taskbar and review the thumbnails of applications and files that are in action.
Answer: You can get back your menu bar in Windows 10 by pressing the Alt + V keys on your keyboard, which will open the View menu. Next, from the View drop-down menu, choose Toolbars and then select the ones you want to enable and click OK.
We hope that with the help of this article, you will be able to solve the issue of Taskbar showing in full screen in Windows 10. If you are still not able to solve the problem, then you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with windows.