With the new launch of Windows 11, stability in the Operating System can take considerable time. However, till it reaches that point, we are here to help you out. This article will help you fix the issue of you cannot change fingerprint or PIN in Windows 11.
Why Cannot Change Fingerprint or PIN in Windows 11?
The following could be the potential scenarios because of which you cannot change the fingerprint or PIN in Windows 11:
1. There are security requirements issues in your Windows 11 like your PIN, fingerprint, or Windows face sign-in feature.
2. You are using a Microsoft account, which needs to be fixed using a local account.
How to Fix Cannot Change Fingerprint or PIN in Windows 11?
Now that you know the causes of Fingerprint or PIN not changing in Windows 11 let us look at its fixes. Follow the solutions mentioned below accurately for the fix.
Solution 1: Remove the Pin using local Account
To remove the PIN, you need to configure a local account and set up a password instead. Note: This fix is done from the Settings menu. Also, you will have to let go of your current Microsoft account to remove the PIN.
1. Open the Settings menu on your Windows 11 system. In the Settings menu click on Accounts menu.
Note: If you don’t find the vertical menu on the left by default, click on the action icon placed on the top left corner of the screen.
2. After opening the Accounts menu, search for Family and other users on the right-hand side of the screen and open it.
3. After opening the Family and Other Users tab, check for any accounts under Other Users. If you find any, remove them before moving on to the next step.
4. Then, return to the Accounts menu, press Your Info from the right section of the screen, and click Sign in with a local account instead.
5. After reaching the first screen, click Next. On the next step, you will be prompted to provide a PIN or fingerprint connected to your Microsoft account. Enter your credentials.
6. After reaching the next screen enter your username and create a password for your local account. Make sure to enter a hint for a recovery option in case you forget it. In the end, click the Sign-out and Finish button to end the procedure.
7. After making this change permanent, you won’t require a PIN or Fingerprint while opening your system.
Solution 2: Change PIN or Fingerprint
If you want to free yourself from entering a PIN or fingerprint, you require an additional login method. This will fix your issue of Fingerprint or PIN cannot change in Windows 11.
Follow up with the given instructions for a detailed guide on setting up a different sign-in method:
1. Click Windows Key + I to open Settings of Windows 11.
2. Next, open Accounts from the vertical menu from the left.
3. After entering the Accounts menu, hover over the right-hand section of the screen and 4. click Sign-in Options.
4. Once you enter the Sign menu, decide the sign-in option you want to use.
5. After choosing your login option, move and set up the secondary Sign-in option by following the given steps. Once you have set up your new sign-in method, you can remove the older sign-in option through Remove.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Can we install Windows 11 on a 2GB RAM PC?
Answer: No. Your system needs at least 4GB of RAM to run Windows 11 properly. Suppose your old system has less than 4GB RAM considering manually upgrading it or buying a new one. The minimum storage space is 64GB.
Q2. How can I check if my PC can run Windows 11?
Answer: Most of the PCs that are less than four years old may be able to run Windows 11 successfully. The hardware requirements have been mentioned above, and the software requirements are that the system must be on Windows 10.
Q3. What are the benefits of upgrading to Windows 11?
Answer: Following are exceptional features of Windows 11 that will make you want to upgrade to it:
1. A new interface quite similar to macOS.
2. Pre-loaded Android apps.
3. On-screen widgets.
4. Microsoft Teams
5. Xbox technology for a better gaming experience.
6. Smoother transition from laptop to monitor and vice-versa for better multitasking.
We hope you will now be able to fix the issue of Fingerprint or PIN not changing in Windows 11. However, if you are still not able to solve the problem, then you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with windows.