Print Spooler Error in Windows 11 are a common problem found in many systems. A Printer spooler is vital since it looks after all the print jobs. With each file that gets printed, the printer spooler releases. This article will help you fix the Printer Spooler Error in Windows 11 using numerous ways.
What Causes the Print Spooler Error in Windows 11?
The print spooler in Windows 11 is similar to a task manager that arranges printings tasks and orders them to send the commands to the connected printers. However, sometimes the printer spooler is burdened with commands, resulting in errors. A bug may also cause errors in the OS or an outdated driver in Windows 11.
How to Fix Print Spooler Error in Windows 11?
The printer spooler in Windows 11 gets faulty sometimes. So let’s look at some methods through which we can get back the spooler working fine.
Solution 1: Restart Windows to Fix Print Spooler Error in Windows 11
The first way you can try to fix the Printer spooler error in Windows 11 is by restarting your Windows. You can do that by pressing the power icon at the lower-right corner of your Windows 11 system and then clicking the restart option from the menu that appears.
Solution 2: Update Windows 11 to Fix Print Spooler Error in Windows 11
If your Windows 11 search bar is not working, you can try updating your Windows manually using the following steps:
1. Start by opening the Settings from the Start Menu.
2. Now, go to Update and Security and tap on the Windows Update option.
Solution 3: Run Printer Troubleshooter to Fix Print Spooler Error in Windows 11
Running the Printer troubleshooter can help you highlight and fix the Printer Spooler error in Windows 11 using these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box and type the following, and hit the Enter key:
2. The Troubleshoot tab in the settings app will open.
3. Select the Other Troubleshooters option from the menu and then select the Run button associated with the Printer.
4. Wait until the scan is complete. By the end of the scan, you will be presented with the issue and its fix, if there is any.
5. You can reboot your system to check if your issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Clear Print Queue
You can also try clearing the Print Queue in order to fix the Printer Spooler errors in Windows 11 using the following steps:
1. Open the Command Prompt as admin and execute the following command step by step:
net stop spooler
del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S
net start spooler
Solution 5: Update Printer Drivers
To fix the Printer Spooler Error in Windows 11, update your Printer Driver using the following steps:
1. Open the Device Manager in your system.
2. Select the Printer category to see your devices, and then right-click it to update it.
3. Then, select the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
4. Finally, select Update Driver and proceed with the process.
Solution 6: Reset Spooler Registry Keys
Resetting the Spooler Registry keys can fix the printer spooler error in Windows 11 using the following steps:
1. Open the Run Window and type the command to display the Command Prompt.
2. After the Command Prompt opens, type the following and hit Enter to stop the Print Spooler:
net stop spooler
3. Next, in the Command Prompt, type the following and hit Enter to start the Print Spooler:
net start spooler
Solution 7: Use Windows Compatibility Mode
Use your Printer in the Windows Compatibility mode in order to fix the Printer spooler error in Windows 11. To move to the compatibility mode, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, right-click the program icon and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
2. Tap the Compatibility tab, and select the Run this program in compatibility mode.
Solution 8: Remove Printer
Try removing your Printer in order to fix the Printer spooler error in Windows 11 using these steps:
1. Open the Control Panel and tap the Devices and Printer option.
2. Now, right-click your Printer and tap Remove Device from the drop-down menu.
3. Next, select the Printer and choose the Printer Server Properties.
4. Lastly, open the Driver’s tab, select your drivers and delete them.
Solution 9: Re-add Printer
Re-adding the Printer in your system can help you fix the Printer spooler errors in Windows 11 using the following steps:
1. Open the Settings on your computer and tap on Devices.
2. Now, go to the Printers & Scanners option from the list.
3. Tap the Add Printer option and click the option: The Printer I want isn’t listed.
4. Now, choose the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click on Next.
5. Select Use an existing port LPT1, which will be your Printer port, and then choose the Model No. of your Printer.
6. Now, select the Use, the Driver that is currently installed option and click Next.
7. Add your Printer Model No. and share the Printer if you want to.
8. Lastly, click on Print a Test Page.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How to clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
Answer: To do that, follow the given steps:
1. Open the Run window, and type the following command:
2. After the Service windows appear, scroll down to Print Spooler.
3. Right-click Print Spooler and click Stop, then navigate to the following location:
4. Delete all files in this folder and then restart the Print Spooler service by clicking the Start option in the left pane.
Q2. Why is it that my Printer is spooling but not printing?
Answer: The Printer spooling but not printing issue could be arising due to your files or windows installation getting corrupted. You can run an SFC scan using the following steps to fix this problem:
1. Firstly, open the Run box by pressing the Win+ R keys together.
2. Now, type cmd in Run’s search box, and then press the Ctrl+ shift+ Enter key together to open the Command Prompt as the administrator.
3. In the Command Prompt Windows, type sfc or scannow and hit Enter.
4. The SFC scan will now start. Wait till it is over, and then close the Command Prompt.
5. You can now restart your device to check if the devices and Printer not loading issue has been resolved.
Q3. Do I need Print Spooler?
Answer: Yes. The Printer Spooler Service provides printing administrations to a computer on the system’s network. It is the default windows enabled service in all windows servers.
Q4. What are spooled documents?
Answer: Spooled Documents are a list of commands which are meant to be read and stored, usually in a hard disk to be printed or processed later.
Q5. Why is the printing stuck on spooling?
Answer: The printing stuck on spooling could be a result of some glitch on the Print spooler service. In order to fix it, you need to restart the spooling service and also try reinstalling your printer driver.
We hope with the above-described methods, you will now be able to fix the Print Spooler error in Windows 11. However, if you can still not solve the problem, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Windows 11.