How to Connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi or a Wireless Network? – The ultimate guide to help you connect your new or old Wireless Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi.
Common FAQ’s Related to Connecting a Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi
- How do I connect my Lexmark printer to my computer wirelessly?
- How do I connect Lexmark printer without CD?
- What is Lexmark Wireless Setup Assistant?
- Lexmark Wireless Setup Utility not working?
- Lexmark printer not connecting to network?
- How to setup Lexmark Printer Wirelessly?
- How to connect Lexmark Printer to Mac with Wi-Fi?
These are some of the commons Frequently Asked Questions which we’ve found on Lexmark printer support pages, several other printer forums, and Q&A sites. First of all, at the top of our page just below the image, you can find a content box where you can click on the topic, and it redirects you to the part of that topic inside this content.
Now, coming to the original question of how to connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi? There are many ways in which you can connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi without any technical hindrances. In this article, we’ve tried to cover as many solutions as possible to help you connect your Lexmark Printer to a Wireless Network.
What is Lexmark Wireless Setup Utility or Lexmark Setup Assistant?
Lexmark Wireless Setup Utility is a software package which helps to sustain a connection from a Wireless Lexmark Printer to a Wireless/Wi-Fi Connection. You can use this tool to connect your Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi.
How to Download Lexmark Wireless Setup Utility?
File Size: 28.72 MB
Supported Operating Systems: –
Windows NT 4.0, Windows Server 2003 (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 (64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit), Windows XP Professional (64-bit), Windows 2000, Windows 98 SE, Windows Me.
Method 1- How to Connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi – WPS or Push Button Configuration
Confirm that your router has WPS key. WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup enables you to connect with any wireless devices in your home or office, which supports the Push button configuration method.
Things you require for a WPS Connection: –
- Wireless Lexmark Printer
- Wi-Fi Router with a WPS button
- Wireless Network using a WPA or WPA2 password
Follow these steps to connect Lexmark printer to Wi-Fi: –
- Using the control panel button on the Lexmark Printer Go to
- Network [x]
- Network [x] Setup
- Wireless Connection Setup
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Start Push Button Method
- On the router press and hold the WPS Key/Button until the WPS lights blinks
It can take a couple of minutes to connect your printer to the router finally. Once the connection is established, you can install the Lexmark printer software and begin printing.
Method 2- Connect Lexmark Printer to a Network using PIN Method
PIN or Pin Identification Number method is the second method by which you can easily connect Lexmark printer to a network.
Things you require for a PIN method: –
- Wi-Fi Router with WPS Functions
- Router’s Login address, username, and password (192.168.1.1 – admin – admin)
- 8 Digit WPS PIN Generated from Lexmark Printer
How to Connect Lexmark Printer to a network with PIN method?
- Turn on the printer and go to the printer’s control panel. Then follow the steps below.
- Network [x] > Network [x] Setup > Wireless > Wireless Connection Setup > Wi-Fi Protected Setup > Start PIN Method
- Copy the 8 digit WPS PIN
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) on your PC/Laptop.
- Type in your router default IP address (192.168.X.X). Can be found the back of your router.
- Now enter your router’s username and password.
- Find Wireless Setting inside the router and Enable Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Enter the 8 Digit PIN which you copied from the Lexmark Printer
- Click on Save to save the final settings
Wait for a few minutes and then install the Lexmark Printer software on your device and start printing.
Method 3- Using Lexmark Software
You need to download and install Lexmark printer software and the drivers first to setup your Lexmark Printer to a wireless network. Confirm that you pc/laptop is connected to the internet and then follow the methods shown below.
Step 1- Visit Lexmark Drivers and Downloads Website.
Step 2- Select Product>Operating System>Operating System Version>Choose the Language>Click Lexmark MS610 Series Driver and Software (Your Printer Driver).
Step 3- Click on I agree- download to download the software.
Step 4- To begin the installation process run the setup file which you downloaded
Step 5- Select the Installation Type.
Step 6- Click on Install>Agree>Continue
Step 7- Select the driver installation folder and click on Continue.
Step 8- Let the Installation complete and select Wireless Connection on Select Connection type and Click on Continue
Step 9- Inside Network Connection Select Yes and Continue
Step 10- The software will try to Scan the network to locate the Wireless Lexmark Printer.
Step 11- After the scan is completed select your printer and click on continue.
Follow all the instruction correctly step-by-step to connect your printer to a wireless network. All the methods are tested and have worked for many Lexmark printer users. In case you are having troubles then leave a comment below or contact us through chat.