Local area network (LAN) performs the activity of establishing interconnection in computers within a limited area. LAN not working on a laptop, Desktop, Windows 7 and Windows 10 prevents interconnection with other computers that are within the same local area. The areas connected with LAN include homes, computer labs, office buildings, and schools. It is vital to fix LAN problems to support internet connection promote the sharing of information within a defined local area effectively. The issue of LAN not working is effectively solved through a local area connection graph box to solve different types of problems associated with LAN.
LAN not working on Laptop
Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of network adapter drivers from the manufacturers’ website to enable for LAN operation effectively in the laptop. The steps involved in the process of enabling LAN work on the laptop include:
- Click on the start button and select run
- Type devmgmt.msc and press the enter
- Expand network adapters within the laptop
- Right click on LAN network adapters and go to properties
- Click on the uninstall button and move the driver’s tab
- Click apply and press ok button
- Restart the computer to ensure for complete LAN operation of the laptop
Complete uninstall and re-installation of the latest version of network adapters’ drivers enable for effective operations of LAN not working on a laptop. Open network and internet settings for WIFI tab to validate the functioning of the LAN.
LAN not working on Desktop
LAN not working on the desktop is the same as correcting LAN not working on a laptop. The steps involved in solving LAN not working on desktop include:
- Click on the start button and select Run
- Type devmgmt.msc and press okay button
- Expand Network adapters
- Right click on LAN network adapters and go to the properties
- Click Uninstall from the driver’s tab
- Click apply and press the enter button
- Restart your computer
LAN not working on the desktop can be solved effectively by following the steps above. The problem is solved by restarting the computer to solve issues that may caused in the cable and hardware preventing LAN operations. The solutions above are important for the Ethernet connection by ensuring that the port is not broken before connecting to the router. It is important to ensure that the problem is solved by correcting faulty network drivers on the desktop.
LAN not working on Windows 7
It is important to ensure that windows 7 work for networking and internet connection effectively. Windows 7 is built for networking and troubleshooting internet broke network connection. The following steps are involved in trouble shoot and ensure that LAN works on Windows 7
- Chose the start button and click on the control panel and then network and internet
- Click on network and share the center link
- Click on fix network problem link. The link pulls to control panel troubleshooting guide for network connection
- Click on link type of network connection that was lost. Some of the trouble shooting available includes internet connection, incoming connections to the computer, connection to a shared folder, home group, and network adapter.
- When the solution is found, click on network troubleshooting guide to solve the problem effectively
LAN not working on Windows 10
The steps involved in solving LAN not working on Windows 10 include
- Check all the network cables and wires. Loose or disconnected cables and wire to be identified that prevents network connection and internet access
- Check Network cable from the modem to the network hub or router
- Check the cable from network hub and the Rj-45 network port on the computer
- Check cable between the two computers
- Check lights on the network hub since lights show the location of the connection pattern
- Make sure that the computer is turned on if you are trying to connect to another computer network
- Check the firewall settings on the computer network since a firewall may be preventing network access
Step 2 involves checking the network status of the network and the sharing center by following the steps below
- Type view network status in the search box found in the taskbar and select view network status and tasks in the search results
- Check the view active network section found at the top of the page while the computer is connected to a network.
- If you are not connected to a network, check the cables and hardware
- Click on the new connection network, click on connect to the internet
- Click broadband
- Enter the user name and password to enable network connection and give the connection a name and then click on connect
Dial PCASTA Network Support for Online Help
PCASTA network support team is the best online computer technical support team. They give solutions to virus issues and offer support to solve router problem, printer problem, and browser issues effectively. The team comprises of professionals who offer support in solving various issues related to LAN or internet connection effectively. PCASTA network offers computer services by calling the free call away number +1 (888) 883-5055 to connect to the professionals who assist in solving the computer issues. The experts’ assists in solving virus infection, setting up a successful network, system restore backup and errors with IP address. Additionally, the experts solve software issues by providing effective customer services for computer problems.
Help and Support Toll Free Number +1 (888) 883-5055 for United State and Canada Customers. We provide free diagnosis for Lan not working.