How irritating to be attacked by pop-ups and ad notifications on all sides of your browsing screen. This problem is seen in almost all browsers. In this article, we will see the reasons and solutions to the problem of Safari keep displaying pop-up notifications.
Why does Safari keep displaying Pop-Up Notifications?
Following are the reasons why Safari keeps displaying pop-up notifications:
1. You have mistakenly downloaded corrupted adware or unwanted software.
2. You have subscribed to the notifications of a specific website.
3. You have an outdated version of Safari or an operating system.
How to Fix Safari Keep displaying Pop-Up Notifications?
Let us now look at how we can fix Safari keep displaying pop-up notifications problem. The solutions are straightforward and accurate when applied.
Solution 1: Reset your Safari Browser to Fix Safari Keep displaying Pop-Up Notifications:
To reset your Safari browser, follow these steps:
1. To reset the Safari browser, tap on Safari located in the menu bar in the top left-hand corner of your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Reset Safari option.
3. Checkmark all the options available on your screen and then click the Reset button.
Solution 2: Stop Notifications to Fix Safari Keep displaying Pop-Up Notifications:
To stop notifications on Safari, follow the subsequent steps:
1. Firstly, go to Safari and then open Preferences using the top menu bar
2. Now, tap on Websites and then click on Notifications from the left-hand menu
3. All the websites that have asked for permission to show notifications will be visible.
4. You can then go down the list and choose to allow or deny notifications for any or all of them.
5. Moreover, you can also uncheck Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notifications button at the bottom of the screen.
Solution 3: Delete Safari preferences manually
To delete Safari preferences manually, go to Settings and open Safari. Then, tap on Safari Suggestions to turn them off.
Solution 4: Check for the latest updates
To check for updates on your Mac, follow the subsequent steps:
1. You first need to click the Apple logo in the top-left corner and select the System Preferences option.
2. Then, tap on System Updates.
3. Your system will now automatically check if there are any updates available for your Mac.
Solution 5: Check Safari Security Preferences
Follow these steps to check Safari security preferences:
1. Firstly, open the Safari browser app and then select Safari from the menu bar options.
2. Then, select Preferences under the Safari menu.
3. Move to the Security tab in the Preferences window.
4. Lastly, tap the checkbox against Fraudulent sites to improve security.
Solution 6: Uninstall unwanted Software
To uninstall unwanted Software on your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Search for the app in the Finder.
2. Now, drag the app to the Trash.
3. If you want to delete the app, choose Finder and then click on Empty Trash.
Solution 7: Disable Extensions of Safari
To disable Safari extensions, follow the steps given below:
1. Firstly, open Safari and click on Preferences.
2. Now, select Extensions and then, to turn off an extension, deselect the Extensions checkbox.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why do pop-ups keep appearing on Safari even after being blocked?
Answer: This is probably because you previously might have subscribed to receive notifications from a particular site.
Q2. How to get rid of malware on Safari Mac?
Answer: To remove malware from Safari on your Mac, just follow these simple steps:
1. Open Safari and then go to Preferences that will be placed in the Safari drop-down menu.
2. Now, select the Extensions tab and see if any browser extension seems suspicious.
3. Now, select the extensions that you want to remove and then click Uninstall.
Q3. How do I get rid of the redirect virus on Safari?
Answer: To get rid of redirect virus on Safari, follow these steps:
1. First of all, open Safari and then go to Preferences.
2. In Preferences, select Extensions.
3. You then need to select the suspicious extension and click “—” at the end.
Q4. How do I get rid of Yahoo Redirect in Safari?
Answer: You can get rid of Yahoo Redirect in Safari using the following steps:
1. Firstly, open your browser and go to the Safari menu.
2. After the Preferences screen opens, click on the Advanced tab and turn on the option that says “Show Develop menu in menu bar.”
3. The Develop entry would be added to the Safari menu. You then need to expand it and click on Empty Caches.
Q5. How do I get rid of Yahoo search on Safari without an extension?
Answer: You can get rid of Yahoo search on Safari without extension using the given steps:
1. Firstly, disable the extensions by opening Safari.
2. Now, go to Preferences and then select Extensions.
3. You now need to select and disable all extensions.
We hope you have been able to solve the Safari keep displaying pop-up notifications problem with the solutions given above. However, if you are still not able to solve this problem, you can connect with us through the chatbox or comment section given below.