Mozilla Firefox is one of the most widely used, free and open-source web browsers in the world. The open-source feature of Firefox gives developers from all over the world the opportunity to code to the Browser and widen the use of Firefox with multiple add-ons and themes. One of the main features that make Mozilla Firefox stand out is its focus on security. It locally gives assurance against various sorts of web crawlers, and it likewise provides insurance against cryptominerators.
With many more brilliant features to its credit, Mozilla Firefox is the ideal Browser for many users because of its user-friendly interface. Because of such an interface, it makes navigation for users easy and organized. This article today would be talking about specific reasons that pull back Firefox from opening in Android devices. Also, we would be looking at different solutions to solve the issue of Firefox not opening in Android.
Why Does Firefox not opening in Android?
Here’s a list of the potential reasons as to why your Firefox Browser won’t open on your Android device:
- Due to missing or corrupt Firefox files.
- Difficult add-ons.
- Corrupted User profile.
- The android version of your device is not updated.
- Firefox is not updated.
How to Fix Firefox not opening in Android?
Now that we know what the reasons for the Firefox browser not working on Android devices might be, we now share a list of solutions to fix this problem:
Solution 1: Restart Firefox to Fix Firefox not opening in Android:
Go to the restart Firefox button on the about profiles page. By using it, you can restart Firefox following the given steps:
- Open the About page by typing about:profiles in the address bar of the Firefox browser.
- Now, touch the “Restart normally” button to restart the Firefox web browser. This will close Firefox and open it again with all running tabs and windows.
Solution 2: Restart Android to Fix Firefox not opening in Android:
Restarting your smartphones or any other android device is one of the easiest and problem-solving techniques to fix any glitches or error messages that keep appearing while using your Browser. Follow the subsequent steps to know how to restart your Android device:
Press and hold the power button of your device for a few seconds.
- You will then see a pop-up screen with different options.
- Amongst all the options, click on the Reboot option.
- Your device will now start the rebooting procedure.
Solution 3: Close other browsing Tabs and Applications
Many users tend to open a lot of tabs in their Firefox browsers simultaneously and then forget to close them. Because of this, many opened tabs pile up, which leads to a lot of error messages appearing, and Firefox trying to complete all of them. This hampers the performance of the Browser and makes it slow or just not able to open. Hence, it is advised to close all your tabs and then relaunch your Browser.
Solution 4: Secure your Network Issues
To fix the network issues in your Android device, follow the below-given steps:
- Restart your device.
- Now, remove your SIM Card and then put it back again.
- Now go to the network settings.
- Check whether your phone is in Roaming mode.
- Now update the phone system to rectify all software bugs.
- Turn off mobile data and then again turn it on.
Note: Make sure that the Airplane mode is turned off.
Solution 5: Clear the Cache memories and Cookies
A lot of browsers store some of their data from websites in their cache and cookies. Clearing them can boost the performance of your browsing experience. Follow the below-given steps to clear the cache and cookies:
- Touch the menu button and then go to Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security console.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, touch Clear Data
- Remove the tick in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With the Cached Web Content tick marked, click the Clear button.
- Finally, close the about:preferences page. All your changes made will be saved automatically.
Solution 6: Reset Firefox
You can reset Firefox using the following steps:
- Click on the Menu button on the top right of the Firefox browser, and then go to Help.
- Now click on Troubleshooting Information button to find out the issue behind Firefox not opening in your device.
- Then click on Refresh Firefox when the confirmation window appears.
- Finally, click on Finish.
Solution 7: Try opening the page in another browser
You can try opening the same page you want to access in a different browser to know if the same problem persists. If it does, you can follow the other solutions given in this article.
Solutions 8: Update Firefox
To update Firefox on your Android devices, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the App Play Store.
- Type Firefox in the Play Store search box.
- If the Firefox version is not updated, there would be an option to Update on the right or below the Firefox icon. Click on it.
- Wait for Firefox to update and try using it again.
Solutions 9: Update Android
To update the Android version of your device, follow the given steps:
- Open the Settings.
- Now click on System Update. This update might take a few minutes.
- Wait for the update to finish and try using Firefox again.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How do I make Firefox open on Android?
Answer: You can follow the below-given steps to make Firefox open in Android:
- Click the menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Click the Set as default browser control. The DEFAULT DEVICES screen displays.
- Tap the Browser app. The Bowser App will appear on the screen.
- Tap the Firefox for the Android radio button.
Q2. How to fix Mozilla Firefox not opening in laptop?
Answer: To fix Firefox not opening on your laptop, try reinstalling Firefox using the following steps:
- Firstly, download and then save the installer that you had downloaded for the latest official version of Firefox from “mozilla.org”
- Exit the Firefox browser.
- Now note the Mozilla Firefox program folder location by clicking right on the Firefox desktop icon. Then select Properties from the context menu and click the Shortcut tab.
- Uninstall Firefox from your laptop.
- Delete the Firefox program folder from the laptop.
- Reinstall Firefox using the installer you downloaded earlier.
Q3. Can you use Firefox on Android Phone?
Answer: Yes, you can use Firefox on Android phone. It is compatible with Android 5.0 and devices with similar or upgraded android versions.
Q4. How to restart Mozilla Firefox on my android phone without losing previous tabs?
Answer: To restart Mozilla Firefox on Android without losing previous tabs can be done using the following steps:
- Open Firefox.
- Type about:profiles in the address bar of the browser and press Enter.
- Click the Restart normally button.
- The Firefox browser will be instantly restarted.
Q5. How can I stop Firefox from blocking websites?
Answer: Use the following steps to prevent Firefox from blocking the websites you want to access:
- Open Firefox.
- Open the site that you want to disable from Content Blocking.
- Click the Shield button beside the URL in the address bar.
- Finally click on ‘Turn off Blocking for This Site’ button. Disable blocking per site in Firefox.
We hope that the article has been helpful to find the reason as well as the solution to fix your problem of Mozilla Firefox not opening on your Android devices. If you are still not able to solve the problem, then you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with your Browser.