Brother Printers offer efficiency-based business solutions and practical help in terms of printing papers. To set Brother Printer as a Default Printer in Windows 11 is not a difficult task. This article will help you set your Brother Printer as Default Printer using three different methods.
Why does Windows 11 Keeps Changing the Default Brother Printer
Your Windows 11 may keep changing the default Printer because Let Windows Manage my default printer option is enabled in the Settings. We have discussed how to disable this option further in the article. Keep scrolling to get more information on this.
Methods to Set your Brother Printer as a Default Printer
You can set your Brother Printer as a Default Printer in Windows 11 via Settings, Control Panel and Command Prompt.
Method 1: Use Settings Method
Follow the steps given below to set Brother Printer as the default printer in Windows 11 via Settings:
1. Open the Settings by right-clicking your Windows Start button.
2. In the Settings, select Bluetooth and Devices from the list and then tap on Printer & Scanners.
3. Now, ensure that the Let Windows Manage my default printer is toggled to the off position.
4. Next, scroll above to select the Printer you want as default.
5. Lastly, tap Set as default to confirm your Printer as default.
Method 2: Use Control Panel Method
Follow the steps given below to set Brother Printer as the default printer in Windows 11 via Control Panel:
1. Open the Control Panel by searching it in the Windows search.
2. Now, go to Hardware and Sound and select the Devices and Printers option.
3. Next, right-click your Printer and tap on Set as Default Printer.
Method 3: Use Command Prompt Method
Follow the steps given below to set Brother Printer as the default printer in Windows 11 via Command Prompt:
1. Firstly, you need to identify the exact name of your Printer. To do that, you need to go to the Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound, and then open Devices and Printers. You will find the name of your Printer there.
2. Now, open the Command Prompt and enter the following command:
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /q /n “Printer name”
3. You need to enter the name of your Printer in “Printer name” in the given command.
4. Now, go back to the Devices and Printers window to confirm your Default Printer.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why is my Brother printer only printing part of the page?
Answer: Your Brother printer might be printing only a part of the page because of a problem in your Printer’s hardware. This is not a software issue and could be arising due to incorrect settings and outdated, corrupt drivers.
Q2. How do I get my Brother printer to print the full page?
Answer: To print the full page, follow these steps:
1. Open the Printer Folder in your Settings.
2. Next, right-click the Brother Printer driver. Then, left-click the Printing Preferences option.
3. Select the Advanced Tab, and under Scaling, tap on Fit To Paper Size and select your paper size.
4. Lastly, click Apply and then OK.
Q3. Why is my Brother printer not printing on paper?
Answer: In case you have a wireless Brother Printer, this issue might be arising due to an improper internet connection. Wrong printer driver, issues in the ink cartridge, or a dirty printhead could also be the reasons for this issue.
Q4. How do I set up WiFi on my Brother printer?
Answer: To do so, follow these steps:
1. Turn on the Brother Printer, and then press the Menu button on the Printer’s Control Panel.
2. Navigate to the Network heading and press OK.
3. Next, navigate to WLAN by again going up and down, and press OK.
4. Next, go to the Setup Wizard and press OK.
5. A list of available Network Names or SSIDs will appear. Select your SSID and press OK.
6. You would be prompted to enter the Network key, after which you need to press OK and select YES to apply the Settings.
7. The Printer will now connect to the wireless network you have selected.
Q5. Why is my WiFi not connecting to my Printer?
Answer: To fix this issue, you need to check your Printer’s toner, paper, and printer queue. You can also try to reconnect your Printer to the Network by reconfiguring security settings and updating your drivers.
We hope you will now be able to set the BrotherPrinter as a Default Printer in Windows 11. However, if you face any issues in doing so, then, you can connect with us via the chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you solve the issues with Windows 11.