In order to execute your printing job successfully, it is essential to set up your HP Printer with your Windows. But, sometimes it’s not that simple, and you might face that your HP Printer is not connecting to the Windows 11. Don’t search further for HP Printer Connection Solutions; here in this troubleshooting guide, we will list 5 Easy and Working Solutions that will help you establish your HP Printer Connection with Windows 11.
Also, there could be a slew of others preventing the HP Printer from connecting to Windows 11. This article will assist you in determining the causes and possible solutions.
Why is HP Printer Unable to Connect to Windows 11?
Because of the following possible causes, your HP printer is unable to connect to Windows 11:
1. This problem is caused by the new KB5006746 upgrade.
2. This problem is caused by a widespread inconsistency.
3. There is a problem with the Print-to-PDF function.
4. A Printer Spooler Service issue has occurred.
How to Fix HP Printer Unable to Connect to the Windows 11
You can easily fix the HP Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issues with the help of the solutions that have been discussed below.
Solution 1: Re-enable Print to PDF Feature
1. The HP Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issue could be possible due the latest update in the Print-to-PDF feature. To fix it, you need to follow these steps:
2. Open the Run dialog box, type the following and hit Enter: Appwiz.cpl
3. In the Programs and Features menu that opens, click the Turn Windows features on or off option.
4. Next, click yes when prompted by the User Account Control for admin access.
5. Now, in the Windows Features screen, check the Microsoft Print to PDF box by scrolling down.
6. Click OK to save the changes and reboot your system.
Solution 2: Run Printer Troubleshooter
A general issue or error could also be the reason for HP Printer not connecting to Windows 11. You can fix it by running the Printer Troubleshooter using these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box and type the following, and hit the Enter key: ms-settings:troubleshoot
2. The Troubleshoot tab in the settings app will open.
3. Select the Other Troubleshooters option from the menu and then select the Run button associated with the Printer.
4. Wait until the scan is complete. By the end of the scan, you will be presented with the issue and its fix if there is any.
5. You can reboot your system to check if your issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Uninstall the KB5006746 update
To uninstall the problematic KB5006746 update that is causing the issue of HP Printer not connecting to Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box, type the following, and hit Enter: appwiz.cpl
2. The Programs and Features screen will open, in which you need to select the View installed updates menu on the left.
3. In the Installed Update window, you need to right-click the KB5006746 updates and tap Uninstall.
4. Next, select Yes when prompted. Then, let the uninstall finish.
5. Now, visit the official page of the Microsoft show or hide the troubleshooter. The download for the update would begin automatically.
6. After the download is done, open the .diagcab file and tap the Advanced button.
7. Next, check the Apply Repairs Automatically box and then click Next.
8. Wait till the pending updates are completed, and then in the next screen click the Hide Updates option from the list.
9. Next, check the box associated with the KB5006746 update and click Next to hide it.
10. Finally, reboot your PC if you are now able to connect your network printer without receiving the same ‘Windows couldn’t connect to the printer’ message.
Solution 4: Use Registry Editor
To manually fix the HP Printer not connecting to Windows 11 issue, you can use the Registry Editor by following these steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box, type the following and hit Ctrl + Shift +Enter keys: regedit
2. The Registry Editor with admin access will open. You then, need to click Yes when prompted by the User Account Control.
3. Next, in the Registry Editor tool, navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print
4. In the current window, right-click an empty space and select New, then click Dword Value (32 bit).
5. Name the new DWORD value to RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled
6. Double-click the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled value and set the Base to Hexadecimal and the Value data to 0.
7. Finally, click OK to save the changes and then restart your system.
Solution 5: Restart Printer Spooler Service
An error in the Printer Spooler service could also be the reason for your HP Printer not connecting to Windows 11. Try restarting your Printer Spooler service using the following steps to fix this issue:
1. Firstly, press the Windows key on your keyboard, and in the dialog box that opens on the screen, type Services.
2. After opening the Services screen, go to the Print Spooler service.
3. Now, right-click the Print Spooler Service and tap on Stop. Doing this will halt all the services.
4. Now, again, right-click the Print Spooler Service and click Start to restart the services.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why isn’t my HP scanner working with my computer?
Answer: It’s possible that this is due to a connectivity issue or a problem with your USB cable.
Q2. Will an HP printer runs on Windows 11?
Yes, HP Printers are compatible with Windows 11. If you can’t find a Windows 11 driver for your HP printer, you can install a standard driver that comes with Windows 11.
Q3. How can I reset my HP printer?
Follow these instructions to factory reset your HP printer:
1. Turn off your printer.
2. Next, press and hold the reset button on your printer.
3. Now, while still holding the reset button, turn on the printer.
4. Your printer will begin the resetting process.
Q4. What is the procedure for resetting my HP wireless printer?
Follow these instructions to reset the wireless HP Printer:
1. To begin, turn off your printer.
2. Next, press and hold the reset button on your printer.
3. Hold the Reset Button, and turn on the printer.
4. Now, the resetting process starts.
Q5. How do I fix the network connection on my HP printer?
Answer: To do that, follow these solutions:
1. Reboot the printer
2. Reset the printer
3. Find a new spot for the printer
4. Check the printer queue
We hope you’ve been able to resolve the HP Printer won’t connect to Windows 11 problem. If the issue persists, please contact us using the chat box in the bottom right corner of the comment area below. We’ll do our best to assist you in resolving the issues with Windows 11.