Brother Printers provide its users very practical and business efficient solutions through its device. These Printers are robust and are high-yield at the best of prices. Some users have complained about the slow working of the Brother Printer after the Windows 11 update. But you need not worry. This article will help you fix the issue of the Brother Printer printing slow in Windows 11.
Why does Brother Printer Printing Slow in Windows 11?
When printing documents, we witness the problem of Brother Printer slow printing in Windows 11. It may be because of numerous reasons, such as:
- Wireless printing may take more time because of a slow network, the printer spooler or drivers.
- Wired printers print faster as compared to wireless printers.
- An outdated printer server might be slowing down your printing procedure.
- High-resolution images may take more time.
- Many apps are opened at the same time.
How to Fix Brother Printer Printing Slow in Windows 11
The points mentioned above may be causing your Brother Printer running slow in Windows 11. Following are some of the ways through which you can print faster:
Solution 1: Stop Print Spooler Service and clear Printer directory
To stop Print Spooler Service and clear the Printer directory, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows Key + Rand enter services.msc. Press Enter.
2.Search for Print Spooler Service, right-click and click stop from the menu.
3.Close the services menu and open File Explorer, and open the following location:
4.Clear all the files from the Printers directory.
5. Close the directories and open the Print Spooler Service menu. Right-click on it and click on Start.
Solution 2: Check Network Connection
Wireless printers may be printing slowly because of a slow network. It is best to reboot your Printer every now and then to fix these network issues. In addition, you can run the network troubleshooter for any network defaults you might be facing. You can run the network troubleshooter by following these steps:
1. Go to your System’s settings.
2. Then, select the System heading and tap the Troubleshoot option.
3. Next, select Other troubleshooters and tap Network Adapter.
Solution 3: Update Printer Drivers
1. Right-click the Windows Start button and open the Device Manager.
2. Select Printer from the devices list and then find your Printer to click and update it.
3. Restart your System and see if the problem persists.
Solution 4: Update Printer Firmware
To do that, go to Brother’s official website, then its support page, where drivers and firmware are updated timely. Next, you can select the firmware and download it according to your System’s compatibility. Further, you will be asked to follow specific instructions, after which the update will be successful.
Solution 5: Restart Printer
1. Turn off your Printer and unplug the cable from the Printer and power source.
2. Wait for 30 seconds and plug the power cable into the Printer and power source.
3. Now, turn on the Printer and run a test print.
Solution 6: Hard Restart Printer
1. Firstly, you need to long-press the power button so that the Printer turns off with your cartridges still installed.
2. Unplug the power cable and wait for a few seconds.
3. Now plug the Printer back and let the cartridge’s centre run a test print.
Solution 7: Set Printer Preference
1. Open the Settings of your computer and select the Printers and Scanners option.
2.Now, from the list that appears, select your Printer that is running slow and then tap on Printer Preferences.
3. Next, change the print quality to default and change the resolution, toner settings, and others.
4. Lastly, click Apply and OK.
Frequently Asked Question – Brother Printer Printing Slow
Q1. Why does my Brother printer take so long to print?
Answer: Your Brother Printer takes so long to print due to the following reasons:
1. Wireless printing may take more time because of a slow network, the printer spooler or drivers.
2. Wired printers print faster as compared to wireless printers.
3. An outdated printer server might be slowing down your printing procedure.
4. High-resolution images may take more time.
5. Many apps are opened at the same time.
Q2. Why is my printer printing so slow all of a sudden?
Answer: If you face this issue, it is best that you check the ink or toner cartridges & paper tray. An issue with these could be causing your Printer to run slow.
Q3. Why is my wireless printer so slow?
Answer: To fix this issue, you need to reduce the proximity of your router and your Printer. Another thing that you need to take care of is that your router should be working well. Any network issue in the router can make your wireless Printer slow.
Q4. How do you fix a slow print?
Answer: To fix a slow print, you can try the following solutions:
1.Reset you Printer
2. Reset the Printer preferences
3. Update the Printer driver
4. Restart the print spooler service
5. Check the network connection.
Q5. Why does it take so long to print from my laptop?
Answer: If your Printer is connected to too many systems, your Print server will be affected, and hence you will be able to print slowly. To fix this issue, you need to change the way your Printer is networked.
Slow printing is one of the main issues you encounter while using a Printer. We hope that with this article, you will be able to fix the Brother Printer slow printing issue in Windows 11. However, if you face any other issues related to Brother Printers and printing, you can connect with us in the comments below. We will help solve all your issues.